Lack of motivation to workout after a break up?

I have no desire to workout... my ex boyfriend cheated and lied and that's all I can think about!! I feel so drained and I just want to curl up... eat and binge on Netflix... how can I motivate myself to workout? I took a pre-workout but it didn't help. Any advice?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• LMAO taking a preworkout only gives you energy it doesn't give you ambition.

How long has the breakup been? Getting over someone is hard. Not gonna say go haha and binge and do nothing. But definitely get out if the house and be with people. You aren't helping yourself constantly thinking about it.

• The pre-workout was to give me energy for my workout... but it usually pumps me up and gets me ready as well.. we broke up 2 weeks ago. He said he needed to talk to me 2 days ago.. i thought he was going to want another chance but he never called.

• You have no ambition or motivation it's not going to give you the energy to workout, it will only give you the energy to workout while you workout and to workout longer. All it will do is keep you alert and maybe a bit more focused while laying in bed.
      A body at rest stays at rest. A body in motion stays in motion.

Its only been 2 weeks. Get over him first then worry about your workout. However working out may help. Get up earlier tommorrow and workout before you work or whatever. Force yourself to do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• "It takes a lot longer to build yourself back up then it does to tear yourself down". You should change your mindset and instead of looking at what happened as a loss, look at it as a lesson and let it motivate you to be better all around. You're allowed to feel sad but don't stay in the sunken place. Look in the mirror when it's hardest to look at yourself... maybe when your hair is a mess, you're bloated and you just finished crying and you should say this is not where you want to stay. Work hard. Get fine. Work on yourself inside and out and flex on both of them lol

What Guys Said 4

• Just do it. I workout 5 times a week and twice a day. I dont always feel 100% everyday but i feel worse if i dont go, because at least i know i made some progress to better myself.

• I'll say what someone told me whenever I had the post breakup blues. Take the time to grieve. cry, be lazy, watch movies, eat comfort food, whatever. but only allow yourself a little while to do that. Afterwards, you just have to force yourself to get out. go to the gym no matter how ya feel. just do it. After a while of doing this, it feels a little more normal. but regardless of how ya feel, just get up and go.

• self discipline...

• no advice

What Girls Said 1

• You work your ass if in becoming better everyday. One day you are going to have your dream body and this loser is going to see it one day. He is going to regret ever leaving you. Use his sorry ass as a tool to believe in yourself because this idiot couldn't handle you. You are way better than him or that girl and you'll only become even better but it starts with getting up now and forcing yourself to start. Once you start everything will follow. You won't have to force yourself anymore, it'll come natural. You can do it!