Cheating? And should I break it off?

Its going to sound really stupid but recently my girlfriend was at a dance for a sleep away camp she is at and she texted me after the dance and said she was "grinding with some really cute guys" and at first I didn't really care but later that night I found myself sick to my stomach and a little mad ... We have been dating for almost 7 months now and its getting kind of serious so I kind of don't want to break up but I guess that's why I'm here asking you guys for help. Any answers are appreciated :)

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what she meant that she was dancing with some really cute guys, right? I don't think she would engage in any wild sex orgies at a sleep away camp. But you never know... Sit down with her and tell her that you felt hurt by her message and started doubting her loyalty to you. Even if she did not cheat, sending that message has damaged the trust that is essential for your relationship. Listen to what she has to say as she may have had her reasons for doing that (have you given her enough attention lately?) but make it clear that "making you jealous" is not doing your relationship any good.

• Well its been hard to give her attention because I haven't seen her in over 2 weeks because I went on a trip to visit my mom and then she went on a family vacation and then to the camp and I won't see her for another week ... plus contact has been limited to like 10-15 texts per day

What Girls Said 2

• it's kinda cheating if she was grinding some guy. I mean, she would probably consider it cheating if some girl gridded you. you should at least tell her that you're upset by it. I mean, if she doesn't listen or says she doesn't cares, than you have a problem because it's something that bothered you a lot.

• well first off... what kind of girlfriend sends you a text saying something like that? 2nd she should of went about it a different way when she told you. she should of realized that she made a wrong decision and apologized if she really cared. And 3rd its really your decision if she is worth giving another chance. I think you should give her another chance if your sure she won't do anything to hurt you again. if she messes up a 2nd time cut her loose cause there will be a 3rd time trust me.

• Well she wasn't that blunt about it ... she basically said "i have to confess something that might make you mad" and then she explained she was at a dance and grinded with some guys

What Guys Said 1

• its not really cheating, but it is pretty f***ed up, just put your foot down on that matter as it is reasonably withing your right as her boyfriend and let her know how it made you feel, but I wouldn't break things off.