Long distance relationship advice and break advice?

so let me first start off that me and this guy have been together for a year 1/2 and we're both 20. we live 7 hours away from eachother, it's been a great but things have gone way off between us recently. We were too busy for eachother because our schedules are completely different. I've tried to talk to him numerous of times about the communication issue and how we can try to fix it but All he can say is "idk". It gets frustrating but we eventually talk it out. But this past month he wanted to take a break, I asked him why he couldn't even explain himself, he just kept saying that it was hard to be in a long distance relationship and I understood but at the same time I explained to him that if we communicated more, it could really help. So we decided to not take one and it was going good for like a good 2 weeks then it started happening again, lack of talking, and I even confronted him about it. I didn't threaten to break up or anything. Just told him like "we need to talk more". Ever since I told him that it's really been distant like our texting and everything and one day he texted me saying "Honestly we need to take a break". At this point I was very frustrated not only due to the fact that we haven't even been talking or whatever, but also due to the fact of his reason. It broke me and confused me and left me wondering did I do something wrong for him to feel this way. His reason? " I just want to be single for a bit " "I don't want to be in a relationship rn". when he told me that I just agreed and told him whatever. I didn't even want to try to work it out. I don't know why he feels like this. I know people need their space and stuff, but its like I can't just block off a year and a half from my mind. I really love him, and it sucks because he offered that we could be friends, and initially I ignored it because I was pissed. But after a week I texted him saying that I'm still down to be friends. And then after that I haven't heard from him since.

Update: Yes I have met him in person more than 1 one time. We met at a concert and at first we were friends and getting to know eachother for like 6 months then we eventually decided to start dating after. We both knew what we were getting into from th start we started talking to eachother.

24

What Guys Said 4

• Give it up. It's over permanently and completely and you will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it

• Seriously? You should have dropped him before. OK, it's an year and half of your life, but at least you made experience.
    I stayed in this situation for 10 months straight and a total of 4 years with a girl and I was in your same situation last weeks. I just told her that we were done.

• I m guy with the same case... I broke up just feeling so much restrictions or you can she was asking for more and more time like you and yes we are still Friend now I know she still loves me and I too but I can't go for relationship cause when I was with her she was always annoying I should give her more time...
    the other you should consider isn't it case as many guys just uses and ditch at end

• seven hours isn't that long distance

What Girls Said 2

• LDR NEVER works, unless the couple already had a strong relationship for several months to a year prior to being apart; even then it only works for a few months to a year. Further, it takes at least 3 months of dating, in person, before you can even truly know if you're actually compatible. I see no mention here of you having ever met in person, which would also be a requirement before either of you could actually fall in love. Love requires a connection on 3 levels: mental, emotional, and physical.

Even if you have met the criteria, it's obvious that he doesn't want this, might have even been using you as an emotional crutch because he didn't want to be single, and possibly found someone else out there, but felt guilty, and thus strung you along whilst trying to figure out what he wanted to do.

I think you should walk away.

• @ your update, you still cannot truly get to know someone without being around each other constantly for several months.

• I know, but it's like we're good friends before and shit I just don't understand why he's so hesitant to talk to me as a friend now that we're aren't even a thing anymore. At least would like that because he's a cool guy to be around.

• He's probably got his eyes on someone else or just doesn't feel the same for you anymore. Take the hint and keep it going.