Have you ever had a partner ask for "space" or "a break" and it did NOT lead to a break up?

I just responded to a question about whether a partner's request for "space" or "a break" is a legitimate thing to do in a relationship or is it total BS. Whenever I hear one of those phrases, I think the dumpor wants to break up but is afraid that the dumpee is going to emotionally disintegrate as soon as they hear the phrase "break up," and dumpor does not want to deal with tears, anger, etc., so they are taking the coward's way out and asking for "time out" with no intentions of ever returning to the relationship.

But. . . OlderAndWiser knows it's a big world out there with many different people and maybe some people go through this experience and it actually keeps a relationship alive so tell me, what is your experience with this request for "space" or "a break?"
I have never had a partner ask for "space," a "break," etc.
I have had a partner ask for "space," a "break," etc. and it led to a break up
I have had a partner ask for "space," a "break," etc. and it did NOT lead to a break up
Vote C
I have had a partner ask for "space," a "break," etc. in more than one relationship; sometimes we stayed together and sometimes it led to a break up
Vote D
GirlGuy
5
7