Girlfriend lied and cheated and still wants to stay in touch, I can't handle it, what should I do?

My girlfriend of 5 months I found out has been talking/seeing her ex and lied to me about it. She went from contacting me everyday, checking in with me, getting excited to see me (we lived a few hours away from each other) to one random night pulling a 180 and not contacting me for 2 days, making excuses like her phone died what's the big deal, saying things like "were not F'ing married I shouldn't have to check in with you." The topping of the cake is she pulled an extreme 180 out of no where. Said she was confused, ignored some of my calls at night and said she was sleeping when really she was texting/sending photos "not x rated" she says lol..to her ex boyfriend. We had a huge blowout and I ignored her for a 1 week and finally after she emailed, called, texted a million apology messages I broke down and called her. Make a long story short I love the girl but after what she did I with lying etc I honestly have to question everything she has ever told me, was she lying? was she out were she said she was? She wants to remain in contact and be "Friends" and take things "slow" and see in a year from now when she's down with school if we can be with each other again. But it shouldn't be up to her right? She was the one to just randomly go cold turkey and start acting weird and lying to me. Basically what I am asking is do you all think its a bad move? Do you think keeping in touch is better then just not talking at all? I don't know...please help!

11

What Girls Said 1

• The point of a relationship is to make a partnership, partnerships need to have both partners actively involved in making it work. In all honesty it doesn't' sound like she is looking for a partnership. She hasn't shown is is involved, other than trying to do some cheap damage control to keep you in her claws. The we are not F****** married bit, well that just degrading and disrespectful, but at the same time she basically is saying that she doesn't see you in that kind of role? So you are obviously looking for a level of commitment that she is no where near. So if you are ready to be toyed with (and not in the good way), then stay in touch and let her work her manipulative magic . If you don't want to be treated like that then don't let it happen, cut her out of your life.

What Guys Said 1

• If she lied to you this soon, well hate to say it she will do it again. Fuck the bitch man, get something you deserve not something you think you can get.