Ex just broke up over the phone, I stayed calm and accepted it... now he wants me back?

My boyfriend of 1,5 years was supposed to come over to my place a couple of days ago... When I asked him at what time he would come he told me like around 19h... Half an hour later he called me and told me he had doubts about the relationship and needed a break. To which I responded that I didn't believe in breaks and refused to be toyed with like that. That he had 2 options: come over and talk about it or break up. He chose the latter. I stayed supercalm and just responded by saying: ok good, just so you know that if you regret it, it will be too late, have a nice life bye. And then I consequently deleted him and all our pictures on social media. Only 6 hours later! I got a text from him saying that he was hurt because I didn't even ask him why he wanted the break and could delete everything just like this and asked if it was really over? I was like wtf? The next day I texted him that I meant what I said and that he could come to pick his stuff up because I'm not a storing facility... He started whining and telling me that he hadn't slept all night because he was crying blabla that he was depressed... then the next day (my sister told me) he apparently posted a pic with some drinks on them and some wine (he doesn't even like wine) and something like: celebrating my 30th birthday (which was in May)... and some girls reacting to it (we'll come over to celebrate with you!). Now I'm just like: is this some kind of tactic to make me jealous? Anyways I'm confused about what to do... I'm very proud I reacted the way I did, he totally didn't expect me to do that... but do you guys think he honestly wants me back or is it just because his ego got a big crush when I reacted like that?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Don't be stupid and take him back

• Now you have the advantage and time to think. Make a wise decision

What Girls Said 1

• While breaking up might have been the right outcome, I kind of feel like you should at least have tried to find out what was up. You put him in a corner at a time when he was probably a bit stressed and emotional... which rarely causes good decision making.

Now, no doubt he was being a bit of a child in the way he handled it, but in a relationship someone has to play the part of the adult. A simple, why are you saying this? could have helped driven the discussion.