What's the best way to get over someone you loved?

I've tried for months now to get over somebody but I just can't.

423

Most Helpful Guy

• Find someone else that's better. Someone that makes you forget all about that person... Or focus on yourself... you don't need a significant other to be happy in life... yeah it feels good but you don't need one... focus on yourself... do the things that you love... talk to your friends about it... you can't get over this because you don't want to bad enough... if you really want something to happen then you will do enough to MAKE it happen...

Most Helpful Girl

• it takes a while if u liked them too much, or even loved them. but it happens. it just takes time altho sometimes it feels like forever.

What Guys Said 22

• Go to homedepot, purchase a 15 foot ladder then find the person you loved. Open the ladder so that they are beneath it and then start climbing.
    Works every time for me.

• Try being with someone 25 years. Then talk to me about not being able to get over them. Your 18, you don't truly understand love yet. Doesn't make your pain any less. Just realize that whatever you feel now, it will be a thousand times worse if it happens with someone that you not only love, but have spent a lifetime with. If I knew how to get over her I would be, but I am not. It is why I have given up dating. I am not saying I won't again, I am just done looking.

• Although I don't know the details of your relationship I do know that you cannot say whether her love was real or not.

Boohoo things went wrong. Things go wrong for everyone. Before you say I don't get it, my parents were together 25+ years, they had 5 children including one who died and my mother cheated while I looked after my amputee dad. I get it.

But I also went through heartbreak at 18 and it was crippling. Things happen at different times in people's lives. Your life was crap but there is always worse. Don't say someone doesn't understand because they didn't travel your path.

• 24 years ago today was the last time I ever saw the love of my life.
    When you get the answer to this question, please let me know.

• Start loving another person

• Don't deny that the love ever existed and don't pretend that you are ok (at least find one person to talk to about it.) But try and find something that will occupy your time until you do get over it.

• That depends on how much you connected on a personal level. I have personally been in 3-4 month long relationships that I got over in a week, and an 8 month relationship where I was cheated on and had issues for months after, so circumstance will determine how much you still care.

I have been going strong for a year now with my current relationship, and the easiest way to get back into it is all depending on your prior experience.

If you had a good but sad break up, find somebody better to fill the void. If it ended in disaster, you will need to take time and possibly have an existential crisis before you heal fully.

• Jack Daniels, Vodka, Wine, Havana, Beer... they are all good ways but I think mental strength is the best way

• Define getting over...

• moving on

• If you'd like to think less about them then think more about yourself. After a recent breakup I've realised that I didn't truly love myself. I've always liked myself, I've thought that I was just fine and that I am indeed lucky that I am who I am. But I've always found it hard to fight for myself the way I fight for others, to protect myself when I need protection (I'm usually very strict with myself even though I know that no human being alive would be able to achieve my perfect standards), to truly think of myself as of someone truly valuable. Personal development is a journey and I don't think that it ever really ends, but as with anything you won't stand a chance of achieving your goal (s) unless you can clearly define it (achieving it without knowing is the same as not achieving it at all).

• Look into deepest corners of your being, find where your true priorities lay and live accordingly; become a person you'd love to be and no one will ever have that hold over your life ever again.

• In my opinion, you never really get over it. Not really. You just sort of learn how to live life without that person I guess.

• Understanding why its over.

• Go chat with your mates more

• Find a replacement. just keep reminding yourself that there is someone out there that's better.

• Lose the self-pity. Women are incapable of loving men. Stop acting you know what "love" is and get over it.

• Time. More Time.

• Keep yourself busy and busy

• fill your life with activities.. And new people.. learn new stuff.. be busy..

• it takes a year

• Do what you love or love someone else

• get a new distraction

• embrace it live with it and enjoy the pain it causes

• The guy who u love is really ugly. Im ugly as shit and I've never even talked to a girl my entire life

• well now you have๐Ÿ˜‚

• @menorah thanks for u kind words. i could only communicate with females online... like losers... i have a severe sa around women. i can't even breathe properly when talking to them. my voice changes and my face changes.. this may sound stupid but one of my biggest dreams is to hang out with a female friend in a themepark or to visit each others houses. just to hang out lol. this dream can easily be fulfilled by hot guys just with a text or a call. im such an idiot, that my one time hangout could be in a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, and it could bring me hapiness for months. which proves my limited exposure to females. due to the current circumstances, there is no sign of this happening anytime soon. all i can do is silenlty pray for a chance to hangout with a female friend. this is getting out of hand since everytime i see a hot female stranger, my eyes produce uncontrollable tears knowing ill never be able to talk to them in my life. ill make sure to use ur advice. thank you

• Welcome. I wish you the best๐Ÿ‘

• W a monster truck!!! Oh you said asked how to get over someone, not run over someone.

What Girls Said 3

• Hey... I recently broke with my boyfriend that lasted for like 1 day and I felt like I was the one who got dumped.๐Ÿ˜“ It turns out he didn't like me any more than a friend which makes me sad cause I was pretty serious about him... he said he was really fine with breaking up which made me even sadder... i wanted him to stop me from leaving him. I only broke up with him cuz my friend and I like the same guy so I had to chose my friend, and it turns out he actually liked my friend which shocked me. Why the hell did he even ask me when i kept asking him how he felt about my friend and I told him my friend likes him. he's always like, "i only see her as a friend" when he fucking doesn't. God this makes me sad and want to cry! can't believe im like this over a stupid stupid boy.๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ข Ugh fml sometimes. It all happened today at once, which made my day crappy cause i had a test and I couldnt focus much... good thing i can take it with much more time tomorrow.

Anyways to answer your question, just hang out with your friends or go to the gym and work out. Yeah it does the work๐Ÿ˜

• Me neither girl. I wanna know how to. I tried and tried but he's everywhere and a week ago he just texted me told me he missed me and suddenly I'm back to square one again. Miserable.

• Delete every picture and text. and start talking to other people even if its just as friends also go out, have fun. you'll still think about him or her but that takes time to go away because, you was in love