My ex can't get over it?

It's been almost a year since we broke up, but he still calls me at least once a month and still brings me souvenirs when he travels. I feel terribly sorry for him, cause I know he's still deeply in love, but there's no chance we could get back together once again. I always try to push him away and not to lead him on, being as cold as I can, but he just can't realize it is over.

Have you ever been in a situation like this? I don't really know what to do. He keeps on asking me out as a friend but I'm afraid that if I ever accepted, I would hurt him even more than I've already done.

I feel terrible.

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Do you except these gifts he gives you? Do you talk to him when he calls instead of blocking his number and ignoring him?
    If so you are giving him hope that he'll wear you down one day and he'll win you back. If you just leave him be and stop responding to him, eventually he'll realize you mean business and he'll move on. But as long as he keeps getting a response from you, he'll keep believing a part of you is still interested in him

• I never accept his gifts but I answer when he calls. I don't want to be so rude to him. He's been an important part of my life, after all.