What do you think of divorce being illegal?

So my family is from the Philippines and it so happens that it's the only country where divorce is against the law. I recently found out and my uncle forced his wife to move to another country if she didn't want to be arrested, so the only way my uncle was able to remarry was to have her marked as missing. The reason my uncle wanted her to leave was because she cheated on him and he found out. (cheating is also illegal for married couples and can be sued for adultery)

• I think its a great so that married couples stay faithful to one another.
    25%(2)20%(3)Vote14%(1)
  • The idea is horrible and I don't agree because not all relationships work out well.
    62%(5)73%(11)Vote86%(6)
  • It's okay and I believe it's the fault of the couple if they don't know each other well or can handle the long term relationship before marriage.
    13%(1)7%(1)Vote0%(0)

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a good idea to make it illegal. You cannot legislate on peoples feelings. If someone loses the love for there partner, what the heck is the point of forcing them to stay together? It breeds nothing but resentment.

If having sex outside marriage is legal, why get married in the first place?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• That is probably the worst law ever