I'm not sure how to break an addiction after a painful break up. Response much appreciated?

I'll keep it brief but... I keep visiting certain accounts on Instagram of girls I saw my ex used o like. I guess I felt threatened by them.
Even tho it's over, I can't help myself looking at the accounts. Yes I have blocked them, but I don't have much self control. I have bad anxiety and feel better once I've checked... anyone else had this before cause I feel like I should be able to stop this but I can't... I've tried

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Self worth: Each one has their own uniqueness. Never judge or estimate all those girls you see online with the images they post, thinking they have the perfect life and all that. Its all a virtual mask. Live your life instead of watching how others are. Do stuff that you're happy about, find your talents and help people as much as you can. When you find happiness in this, nothing can take it from you. Have a nice day :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I had this problem before but my best friend helped me so much. she didn't let me even once look at their profile or nothing. then after few days i slowly stopped. its just matter of time when u will one day stop and realise its actually not that important. just remember it was his loss and not yours. if i were you i would use that time to do other ways to make myself happy like eating choclate, listening to happy songs. hanging out with people that makes me happy

• Wow 😊How did u have the self control tho I struggle so much at the thought of something else being posted

• I would have to bare my feelings and squeeze it inside the box then lock it with a key.
      but dont worry its normal if u check because its the way u feel but after some time if u find something more important then u will totally forget about it

• Thank u so much u have no idea how much you've helped 😊I thought I was crazy.

What Guys Said 2

• Going threw the exact same -_- so annoying after a while... It help to be with a friend or talk to someone else so your mind doesn't go back to them

• Yea I kind of feel it. You want to know everything.

What Girls Said 1

• No. I've learned to stay away from things that cause me anguish.