Why do people hate their ex?

Like you loved the person once and when you break up suddenly there is hate between you.

126

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was with my I ex I started going through some family problems my mum got into an abusive relationship. My sister got into some problems and my past abuse got brought up it was a lot to deal with and I admit I wasn't myself my anxiety heightened although I didn't realise it at the time. My ex was not supportive at all to me to the extent that after my mums partner had tried to strangle and kill me and my mum covered for him my ex went to play and then watch a football match at the pub forcing me to choose between sitting throug it with him or leaving me all alone. this was not even half an hour after it had happened. Few weeks later he's cheated on me with a girl he knew this went on for a month before he confessed and dumped me for her making me homeless and the stress nearly cost me my job. I had to pick my self up and start from scratch I rebuilt my relationships with my family. But I still hated my ex not all of it was his fault but he never gave me any support and kicked me when I was down. Said some horrible things about my body and appearance that took away any self confidence I still had left. How can you not hate someone after that. However time is a healer I don't hate him any more I Pity him although I still get a small sense of satisfaction knowing I came out of it all on top and he's still struggling

• I understand what you are going through. And I would love to be in contact to help you through your tough time

• If she's blocked you that's her loss it's better to not keep people like that in your life I've learned that over the years eventually you'll be a much stronger and happier person for it

• well u have good reason to hate that fucjer? he is a scum bag

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of times people don't hate their ex (except in cases of cheating and the like), they just hate the absence of a relationship. I actually think fondly of most of my ex's, even if it wasn't sunshine and rainbows; even if we broke up for a bunch of reasons. Harboring hatred toward them is a waste of my energy.

What Girls Said 11

• In my personal experience.. I find hate is better than sadness. Sometimes it's easier to hate the person instead of being sad. I hate the illusion he filled my head with, I hate the hopes I gave for our future, I hate all the lies I believed, I hate the chances I gave, I hate the time I wasted, I hate how gullible I became, I hate how needy I felt, I hate how crushed my ego felt, I hate how he said he loved me but proved he didn't, but most of all I hate how be made me feel weak.. so I take all that hate.. and it fuels me in my day to day tasks... one day I hope not to have for him.. but right now.. he is helping me get my body in the best shape it's ever been!

• I don´t hate my exes - even the one who cheated on me, but I understand people who do. I am mostly indifferent to them today. It is not strange - you love them, trust them. When you break up, it is usually because the trust was broken, or they hurt you and that hurts much more because you loved them.

What is the alternative to hate when you got hurt? Sadness, depression, letting go. But not everyone can forgive and forget (or let go) - so either you are passive in your emotions and you are sad, or you get angry and hate them for what they did to you.

Or they are angr at themselves that they wasted so much time on them and dont want to admit their own mistake and project the blame on the other party and start to hate them, because it is easier. Easier than admitting you made a mistake.

• Because you feel like they didn't appreciate you or that there is something wrong with you because of them. Most people take it out on their ex because it didn't work out and one person feels they have been taken for granted although it may not necessarily be the case. Guess it shows you never really loved that person because if you did love your ex you wouldn't put them down simply because you both didn't work out.

• Usually when things end, it doesn't end well. So there is still animosity between the two. It will smooth over in time but the wound is still fresh for a while

• I think in many situations people are resentful because the relationship was somehow a mistake

• I don't really hate any of my ex's but I just wish yhey were hinest and upfront from the beginning rather than letting the truth come out on its own in a not pleasant way... or tell you the truth about if they were just lookin to sleep around and don't want anything serious!

• I honestly gave everything I had in me to make it work with my girlfriend but no Matter how much I tried she would always end up making me feel I did something wrong.
      I changed myself to comfort her but no matter what I did I always ended up short always
      I became distant from my friends.. I started losing my patience at every one.. I stressed out beyond my usual self always being cautious of what I say infront of her
      I became so paranoid that I couldn't even look at a girl straight up thinking it's something wrong Im doing
      how does one get out of this vicious cycle of thought

• @tangyman88 wow... if someone makes you feel that way the best solution is to run for the hills and save yourself! If you have to change yourself to be with someone then it's not worth it they should accept you the way you already are!

• @tangyman88 I hear what you're saying. I am in the same boat as you my friend.

• I hated my ex before we broke up so my feelings didn't change because of the breakup. My feelings changed because he was a total bitch.

• ex stands for example of the type of person you dont wanna be with

• I hate my ex because he destroyed my mental health. And I really don't hate any other exes but him. I actually prefer remaining civil with exes, but I simply cannot with him.

• he didn't respect me

• they still have feelings

What Guys Said 5

• Cause they're dumb i never loved them to begin with was simply a hole to penetrate when i was bored or horny 🤷🏻‍♂️

• its easier to get over someone you hate... so i guess its a coping mechanism

• i just dont want to talk to her, and i hope she doesn't get aids... best i can do

• pic which one u can live with

• Are you forever alone