Why is he treating her so well?

So I know this shouldn't bother me... but it does. I thought I'd got over my ex until I saw how well he treats his new girlfriend. He spends tons of time with her and actually shows affection to her in public, and likes all the lovey-dovey couples' selfies she posts on Facebook (which I bet she wouldn't do if he were treating her badly). He treated me like shit (cheated on me and then dumped me for the other girl - not the one he's currently with), and after we broke up I heard stories of how he'd been manipulative and abusive to women in the past. He's been with this new girl for six months now, and I have no idea how he suddenly became the "perfect boyfriend." The new girl seems nice enough, perhaps a bit naive, but nice. Did she transform him or something? Was I just not good enough?

21

What Guys Said 1

• Slim chance, but it's possible he had a life changing experience.

What Girls Said 2

• It's all smoke and mirrors. If he has a history of cheating and violence in the past it will come up again

• Maybe he changed for the better. They sound really cute tho