we never fought but he said "we need a break hun" and his reason was he doesn't get to see me a lot and stuff. we both were crying and I said how much I love him and don't want to lose him. he said ill never lose him hell always be here. I asked if he still loves me he said yes. I asked if we will get back together he said maybe. he said I mean a lot to him and "i love you I do" what do you think.

• Back together eventually
  • Its done
Select a gender to cast your vote:
now he texted me after a whole day of not hearing from him and he said "i miss you and love you hunni bunni" now I'm major confused...i just want him back :'(

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, you are exactly in the same situation as me!

In my case though, I'm the one who proposed the break. I did it exactly for the reason they are saying. I'm starting to have feelings for someone else, and I don't think its fair with my boyfriend. But I do love him and I don't want to hurt him. I don't want to go with the other guy, but I think I need time to be alone and clear my thoughts without pressure from any side. I do love him a LOT, and I think its very possible Ill be back with him. I just need time away because this situation of liking someone else while having my boyfriend eats up my conscience. So maybe he is in the same situation as me.. I don't know.

I think that whether you will get back together or not will depend on what he feels or what conclusion he reaches during that break.

What Guys Said 1

• Will ``taking a break'' fix anything?

Will it happen again, perhaps for the same reason?

Or will it be another reason?

And become a pattern?

It's emotionally tough on both parties.

Consider that he's talking with his feet. (Saying ``break'' and ``never lose him'' sound like opposites.)

What Girls Said 1

• Is it possible that there's another girl that he wants to be with? That's why he wants a break so he wouldn't be cheating on you? Horrible thought, I know but that's the only reason I can think of. And I don't think you'll get back together. I'm sorry =/ The only time *the majority of the time* when guys say "break" it's when they want another girl or when they don't want to hurt girl and still think that there's a chance of being together