Can you be friends with an ex?

We were friends for several months before we started dating. We didn't date long, but during the summer he started hanging out with a girl and then broke up with me. He did not tell me he was leaving me for someone else, I found out through facebook. We were once close friends and we see each other often since we are in the same club and have a lecture together. Think it's possible?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're both mature enough to set the past behind you, sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be possible to be friends but why would you want to be friends with him? Exs have a history together and sometimes 1 person will have more feelings than the other and it will make 1 person get hurt again down the road but if you want to be friends be friends accepting what can happen at all costs

What Guys Said 2

• Nope. That's not how it works. Unless neither of you have any feelings any more.

• Be friends!!! Why not?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!