When guys are hurt does the pain mask the love, or is it just gone altogether?

I've been in a 10-year relationship with my ex. Because of issues with medicines for pain I ended treating boyfriend horribly for the last year. He was aware it was the medicines or hormones, and out of my control, but I was trying to work with my doctor to correct. After an overdose (not suicide attempt) I ended up in the hospital and he stated he no longer loved me. I just want to know, is this just possibly the pain hiding the love? He has told me on several occasions that he does not hate me. I would like to try to save our relationship and want to know if it's worth trying or would that push him further away?

01

What Guys Said 1

• The short answer is yes. So much stress and drama can bury any feelings he had. He may just have burned out and feel nothing. It may take months or years to unpick. It can also kill such feeling dead.
    I'd imagine he'd need to believe you'd got a handle on your problems before he would entertain the relationship further. And may need time.

• That is what I was thinking but feared I was looking at it like a woman and not understanding him. Thank you, that really does make me feel a little hopeful. Now I just have to deal with the pain of time, but it's worth it to earn him back!

What Girls Said 0