My mother is cheating on my dad?

I found out like a weeks ago because I overheard a phone call and she was saying things like 'Don't worry the kids won't find out, my husband is on a work trip for 3 weeks, i miss you, yadada' and it should have been obvious to me but since she's my mom, i doubted it.
but then since i was suspicious i picked up the phone so i could listen to the call 2 other times and she's definitely cheating...
I don't want my parents to split up and I don't want to interfere with their lives but I can't just sit back and watch my dad get cheated on!!!
Also I can't even look at my mother in the eye anymore. I have so much hatred for her now

Most Helpful Guy

• how old are you really at this point?
    asking because if you are over 18 you should be old enough to understand that this is not going to work on the long term and the only one that will suffer along the way will be you. Why? Because you know and you will blame yourself and you will see your dad being fooled and coming home to his "loyal" wife while you know what's going on. And you will take the blame.
    This will ruin you more than doing something and seeing your parents split... amicably maybe.

Just tell your father "dad, I love you and I wouldn't say things to hurt you, but I believe it is time to make a change in your life as I believe this is no longer a family as it is supposed to be" ...
    That's what I'd say...

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly you have to talk with your mother first, its best- you never know your dad may know and just doesn't want to confront your mother. Either way I would suggest do as little damage as possible and let them work it out like the adults they are. It has no reflection of you.

What Guys Said 11

• You have to make up up what kind of woman you want to be.
    A woman that cheats and covers for cheaters.
    Or
    A woman that stands up for her believes and tell him.
    You are in a terrible situation.
    If it helps, you can't destroy something that is already broken.

It is possible, that they have an open marriage and that the cheating thing is a kink and her lover doesn't know about the arrangement.

you will probably suffer under the secret, so get it out?
    Blackmail your mother for some nice things?
    Arrange it so that your father catches her?

In the end you have to live with your decision and not i.
    But from your text i assume that you already made up your mind about it.

• Too bad, you're responsible for telling your dad. You can't do that to him, withhold the info that is. Tell him

• You have to tell your father. It's not fair for him to continue to be screwed over by your mother. He doesn't deserve it, does he?

• Gather your siblings give them a clue (not too obvious) and try to make them think how you think then you all go to your mom and talk to her that will end the doubts and makes everything clear after that it's all your mom's call
    Note: do it when your father is in his best shape and he will be arrived top half an hour after you talked to her so she can think alone with her self and when your dad will come she will see what would she loose

• Tell your father

• Tell the fuckstick of a man that's sleeping with you mom to get lost or you will tell your dad. That should scar him off.

• I mean i'd say tell your dad but if i was in your situation i'd be scared to do that.

• Confront your mother and tell her to stop

• lol.

• Lmao yo mama is a slut

• I think it's hilarious that people think men are the ones who cheat more. It's the opposite and always has been.

• I think it's pretty even these days. The difference historically was that men could get away with it because they were in charge, while women would be beaten or whatever if they were caught.

• nah women already cheated in acient rome.
      It was common enough that there are satires that make fun about it.
      Something like: the first child looks like one of the slaves and the second child looks like a famous gladiator..."

• @fhziljio I'm sure they cheated, but they definitely were at a greater risk of experiencing consequences. I think that's why some people have the attitude that men cheat more- there's a sense that men were "allowed to" in a way that women weren't, because men held the power. Regardless, I know that women cheat, I never said they don't. But I haven't seen any evidence that they cheat significantly MORE than men do.

What Girls Said 8

• Parents staying together is fine but if they're having issues like yours obviously is then you have to start to accept a future with them split. As far as your mom cheating, there really isn't much you can do about that aside from confronting her about hearing the conversation.

• Oh wow. This sucks. You gotta take a stand on this one. I know you love your parents and you don't want them to split up, but you have to do something about it. Love your parents enough to give them what they need. Your mom - her freedom to be with her lover if she is unhappy and your dad - the truth. All the best :/

• Your dad deserves to know, but I'd suggest talking to your mom first and giving her a chance to come clean on her own.

• You should come clean to you mom and ask her to confess to your dad. I caught my mom cheating on my dad with another woman. I hated her for a long time and always blamed her for their divorce but ultimately they were both unhappy in their marriage and I can't even think how they could ever be together now. It's horrible to think of but if a divorce makes them happier you should want that for them so that they may find happiness again.

• Personally ill talk to my mom about it , i'd be like hey mom we need to talk i heard your phone call i know your cheating on my dad and that's so disrespectful, so you either stop with this bullshit or ill tell dad. And you should also talk to that guy and scare him off a little ( but dont let ur mom know ) goid luck guuuurl

• You should calmly confront your mom privately and discuss the reasons for the cheating. From that point, you both should decide whether your dad should know about it.

• I would tell him the truth instead of him finding out from someone outside of the family then finding put that you knew too that will even hurt him more

• Next time she's on the phone and you are listening. Join the conversation and call them out. This will really scare the guy since he was worried you would find out