How do you not hate someone after a breakup?

I have a problem, aka I hate all of my exes. Regardless of how we ended, in good terms or not, I still don't like them and can't stay friends.

I've been through an amicable breakup recently, and he's genuinely a good person. I don't want to hate him yet whenever I see him I'm like 🔪🔪🔪🔪

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Hate arises in you because you are attached to the guy. When we are attached to something, we view it as 'me', 'my', 'mine' or as a part of us. That is a wrong view and wrong view, false perception or misunderstanding is the reason why attachment arises.
    Attachment will cease when there is no wrong view. To have the right view of a situation, we have seek out the root of our misunderstanding, confront it and understand it. Then we will have the right view and we will be able to let go, and hate will disappear.

Most Helpful Girl

• You do not hate them. You hate the feeling that you are no longer with them or have access to them. You are no longer their priority and you feel like you wasted your time with them. Relationships are a big investment which takes a chunk of our daily lives. So after a break up, there's a void within us. Be happy princess. :)

What Guys Said 2

• I feel so sorry for you. Even my wife who was verbally abusive, I don't hate. The most important girl who I let get away, as she was breaking up, I felt sorry for her because, I knew she didn't want to.

Then again, I never really hate anyone anyway. It has even been a long time since someone agrivated me enough to bother me.

Probably start off by forgiving people when they begin to annoy you. There more forgivness you practice, the less likely you are the be bothered by them

• If you start hating them, then you never loved them in the first place.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!