Was I right to dump him?

This guy and I had been dating exclusively for little over a month. The first time we had sex was one week ago and he called me by his ex's name. He says he only did that because ever since he broke up with her he hadn't reached that level of physical and emotional intimacy with anyone else. Ok fair enough, I'm not mad anymore, things are back to normal.

2 days later though he starts acting weird. Stops asking to meet up, stops trying to make conversation, at this point I'm the only one making an effort. If I didn't text him he would spend the entire day without talking to me.

Last night I told him I wasn't happy about that and he flat out ignored me. We attended the same party, I'm pretty positive he saw me there multiple times and pretended he didn't know me. I dumped him via text this morning.

• Yes, you were right
  • No, you shouldn't have dumped him

55

Most Helpful Guy

• You did the right thing.
    He did wrong tho, if he didn't wanna be with you he could have told you. Avoid his problems, try to move on if possible.

Most Helpful Girl

• Look I'm against dumping people despite what they may have done to me there's another way to be more harsh and mature which is to be direct and frank. And what I mean by this is to talk with u're boyfriend and tell him what's bothering u and then u can see what he wants from his convo so u can say that u wanna break up and so... u can be free again and do whatever u want without dumping and staying loyal to urself before anything cz you're the one who chose to be his girlfriend !

What Guys Said 4

• well guess you have done the right thing. He doesn't even noticed you. well damn most guys are crazy.😂

• You did the right thing, I'm guessing he still isn't over his ex therefore he can't truly commit to you.

• I guess you were right.

• You did well. He deserves someone better.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know man I think you were wrong, you could have talked about your problems first and made an effort to fix them before deciding together whether or not it was gonna work. All relationships have problems and almost none are doomed to fail, but the only difference between the long and short term ones are how you handle those problems! Giving up on things so easily, you'll never get a relationship that lasts

• He clearly didn't care enough about you to keep talking to ypu so why should you be the only one making an effort? You were right to dump him

• yea you were right cause he wasn't over his ex yet

• Totally