What would you do?

I have been in a relationship for 7 years. I have a 3 year old daughter. From the start my partner told me he was a virgin yesterday he tells me he's slept with 21 women before we got together. We got together when I was 15 he was 16. I feel like I've been cheated on and I want to end the relationship. Am I being over sensitive

38

Most Helpful Guy

• you are not being over sensitive. your boyfriend sounds like a fucking asshole

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you are not oversensitive. Your whole relationship was based on a lie. He certainly had an active sex life by 16! I can understand very well how you feel cheated.

In your shoes, I would consider your daughter's future, but I know I could never stay with someone that had lied to get me into a relationship. I would end up walking away.

What Guys Said 7

• 21 women by age 16? Hmm... something doesn't sound correct.

• Dont do this so fast because you have 3 years old baby, you have to think about her, after your seperation she has to live with SINGLE PARENT which totally damage her life, I have been suffering from seperation for last 6 years and my sons (2 sons) are victim of single parents, whats their fault actually in our seperation, when I read news of any seperation here in GAG I deeply hurt, so please dont do this, try to make other solution

• Put your daughter life first, maybe be Hard but having both parents there has quite an impact on her upbringing.
    You feel like you have not been cheated, so the choice is yours.

• Hey ur jst 22. I can understand how u feel but think about her if ur in sad mood with stay ur man then how it will affect ur daughter in some days. U shud take call for her. I hope all will get ok soon but take some call dont things get will change atomically u have to change..👍

• No you're not over being sensitive.
    But you should look that he hasn't other affairs.
    I believe that you should at least once share about your past with your partner.

• If you'll get divorce than may he'll get his freedom back. And it would make not good effect on your child. Child wants love both of yours. so you have to convince for your child. forget about past and... make move with this life.

• No, that's too much for staying with him.

• DO NOT RUIN THE GIRLS LIFE

What Girls Said 2

• end it

• you're not being oversensitive at all. if i were a 22 year old with a 3 year old daughter and a boyfriend who told me what he told you after saying he was a virgin from the very beginning, i'd end the relationship because why would a boyfriend ever tell his girlfriend that? it makes no sense. to me that just sounds like he's wanting to piss you off to the point that you'll leave him rather than him just saying "i don't wanna be with you" or "i want out of this relationship now" or whatever else that's similar. i think you should end the relationship if you feel like he's being a "dickhead" because no boyfriend should say that to his girlfriend ever unless he's not wanting to be with her anymore

• I'm all over the place I feel like he may aswell have cheated on me. Worst thing is we have a family a house. Pets and I don't know what to do. How do you trust someone again after a 7 year lie! And he tells me he still has some of the girls on Facebook!!

• or the last option i have for you is to tell a doctor like a therapist, counsellor, psychologist, etc about it because they'd have better options since they're more experienced and have a degree in higher problem solving in a healthy way

• also if he says he still has some of the girls on facebook, that's just a douchey and downright stupid thing to say especially to a girlfriend. plus since he's been dragging you on from a 7 year lie, i honestly would end the relationship because if what he's saying is true, i dont think youd wanna live with that for the rest of your life or have your daughter grow up with a father who's a liar and a cheater because that'll just make things more difficult for her when she's old enough to understand things and process them