Dating the rebound?

So my ex broke up with me after 5+ years. I was devistated. Thought this guy was the one. As much as I was hurting, I met this other guy a few months later and we were just casually seeing each other a few months - until he dropped the L-bomb. Before I'd even realised it I was in a relationship with my rebound guy.

We've now been together 3 years and things are comfortable but I still miss my ex and I wonder if that's because I got into this relationship too soon. I love this new guy and on paper he is perfect for me apart from the fact that I still have the ex on my mind. To me he is 'comfortable' but its a total backflip compared to my ex that was far more sexy and intense and challenging. I keep telling myself love is just different the second time around but is that really true?

Anyone been in this situation? Do I break up with my guy for no real reason other than that I am comparing him to someone else? Do I choose to settle and take solace in the fact that 'comfortable' isn't such a bad thing?
Dating the rebound?
2
0