How to let go of someone you know isn't right for you?

Been seeing a guy. He's great in most ways, but there are a few things I know would mean it would not work out between us.

Despite this I keep seeing him, talking to him etc. I just can't let him go. But I know I need to, before I fall too hard.

How do I do this?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Try looking at everything he does really critically. Often, the things that drive a person crazy are the things they thought were cute at the beginning, so look at it with an annoyed eye. Think like he's really irritating and point out all his flaws to yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not easy to let someone go, especially if you've grown an attachment romantically. However, you have to realize whats best for you, which you have done already.
    The next step is cutting back on communication and how often you see this person. You have to learn how to be happy on your own, and remind yourself though this person has few good qualities, you know he is not right for you, and get back to being more independant and self sufficient.
    Like, don't go running to him when something goes wrong, or don't keep him as someone important in your life if you're just not feeling it.
    Things will take time to change, and it won't be easy but in time you will get the point across. You can also discuss with him, tell him though you're happy to have him in your life for this while, it's time you move on to find someone new, whos more suitable for you, who gets you better, and someone you click with overall.
    Let him know whats up too, maybe it'll make things easier that way as he won't be calling / contacting you to ask why you're not talking with him so much, or planning time with him, or wanting to see him, etc.

Think about yourself and your own life. Think where you want to go and who you want to be with and what kinda person you want to find. Being stuck with someone whos not right is just wasting your time and preventing you from stepping forward in seach of someone new, and someone better.
    Remind yourself of this, and don't push your self importance and self happiness aside. That should always comes first!

What Guys Said 3

• No one is perfect. If the good outweighs the bad you would be making a big mistake by letting him go.

• let go of them

• Cold turkey

What Girls Said 1

• I truly hope you succeed because I haven't been able to and now I'm at the point where I have completely fallen for him even though I know it's all wrong and can't possibly work. I tried finding other guys but my heart always kept me stuck with this one.