Is drunkenly cheating as wrong as normally cheating?

My ex cheated on me when he was drinking with friends at his house and she stayed longer than the rest, they had sex and he regretted it a lot, I broke up with him but it did leave me with some questions, is drunkenly cheating as bad as cheating when you're sober? And has anyone else ever gone through this as the cheater himself?

1113

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend cheated on me while he was drunk. Although, unlike in your case where your ex had sex, my boyfriend kissed one of his colleagues. Although I felt really bad and I now eternally hate the girl he made out with, I still forgave him. I think drunk cheating isn't as bad as sober cheating. Sometimes drunk cheating is just body. But most of the time sober cheating involves real feelings and real feelings between a partner and a 3rd party is the breaking point of a relationship.

What Guys Said 12

• Alcohol might remove your inhibitions, but it doesn't turn you into a retard.

So yes, drunken cheating is as wrong as normal cheating.

• It's wrong but I wouldn't say its as wrong. It's a result of carelessness as opposed to sober deliberation

• If you got raped by someone you wouldn't get accused of cheating. I've been drunk once in my life and I think I was conscious the whole time but if I've not experienced where I lose control over my personality it would be a little more ok I think. Still really bad

• Just be cause someone was drunk when they cheated doesn't mean they're not guilty, if someone murdered someone while drunk it's still murder

• The only difference is that Drunk cheating means that IT can Happen again anytime and He has No Control about His drinkng

• The result is the same. So yes.

• Yes cheating is cheating

• Drunken talks are sober thoughts... He ment to do it

• Yes because the person drinking decided to drink. They were not forced to drink.

• Of course it's as bad

• Yes it's just as bad

• Both are same. Know your limits while drinking.

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, it is just as bad. There are NO excuses for cheating. Being drunk or anything else is no reason to cheat.

Really, it is up to you, and how you feel, to decide is it as bad when drunk. We all handle it differently.

• yes.
    Having the nerve to use drinking as an attempt to justify infidelity makes it almost worse than if your s/o cheated on you while 100% sober.

• Yes. A drunk person has less inhibitions but is still fully responsible for their actions

• Yes. Why would he even put himself in that situation especially to be that drunk? People need to think.

• No matter what the circumstances cheating is cheating. Period.

• You wouldn't cheat drunk if you wouldn't cheat sober. Alcohol doesn't change your personality... It just frees you up to be more yourself with the inhibitions.

• Yes, cheating is cheating either way.

• Drunk is excuse, he will sex with others when he drunk next time

• Let me just ask you this: Does he REALLY regret it?

• This is what happened to me and he fully regrets it and is really sorry but I don't know wether to take him back as I think the trust issues could get in the way like if he's done it once isn't he going to do it again the next time he drinks/ gets fuxked?