Too afraid to let him go?

I don't know what to do really.
I know it won't work and that together it's just a slope downhill 😞
Since my ex was my only real boyfriend for a 3 year period letting go seems terrifying. I'm too scared for a relationship... but I don't want to see him with another.
Advice?😞

05

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't have it all ways. You can't hold on to someone that you're not with anymore. You can't stop them being with someone else either. What you need to remember is that it didn't work with you two and that can't just be changed or forgotten about. So unless you expect him to die alone then you will have to just accept that he will likely end up meeting someone else, but so will you.

What you are suffering right now is the fear of the unknown and that's natural after a breakup. There is security in familiarity. You're struggling to let go of that but you have to. You're hanging on to the door of a plane that is crashing. It's time to let go and jump out. Your parachute will open. You'll be in limbo for a short period of time but you'll find solid ground soon enough.

What Guys Said 4

• If you know it won't work then the end of your relationship is inescapable. It s not going to get easier you just need to get through it.

• You can move on

• eventually, in life, you have to move on, because life goes on, and it doesn't stops for anybody

• You have to let him go. It feels terrible for a few weeks, but then it feels amazing.

What Girls Said 0