Marriage, breaking up, divorce with a young child involved?

1) Married to my son's dad. 2) Lost feelings for my husband 3) Divorce in my area cost $465 US Dollars. 5) He's the only income right now. 6) If he leaves, I will be homeless. Before anyone says get a job, I already have resumes and applications everywhere I'm able to. How do I tell him I lost feelings for him. He hasn't done anything wrong to make the marriage bad. He's a great father. I know he loves me but I just don't feel the same like I used to. I don't really see trying as an option. I want out of this marriage. Once I get the chance of being divorced. I'm giving him half/joint custody of our son. I'm not the kind of mom to rip the child away just because it's over. I don't know what to do.

01

What Guys Said 1

• You should understand that divorce has a significant impact on the children involved. As a teacher, whenever I have a problem child in class, I simply need to look up their academic record, and 4 times out of 5, their parents are divorced. Meanwhile, out of the rest of my students, maybe 1 out of 5 will have divorced parents. The correlation between divorce and poor academic and behavioural performance in school is exceptionally clear to any teacher.

That doesn't mean that divorce is completely off the plate. Sometimes there are other factors at home that are worse than divorce, like child abuse, or constant fighting between the parents. But from what you describe, that's not an issue in your case.

As soon as you had a child, you could no longer make decisions in your marriage only for yourself; you have to include your child's welfare as part of your decision-making process.

Now, I hate to tell you to stay in a loveless marriage, because that sucks. But given your child, my suggestion to you is to do what you can to make your marriage work. Confront your husband, tell him that it's not working right now, but that you'd like to give him another chance. Request to go to marriage counselling with him. Give him a chance, not because he deserves it, but because your child deserves it.

• I have divorced parents. I know how it is. He will be ok I think because he won't have to worry about mommy not always there like I did.

What Girls Said 0