Should I apologize?

So my ex texted me on Friday, apologizing for the way he behaved after the breakup. He was really shitty to me back then, always pushed me away and insulted me, even though he still had feelings for me according to him. It took me months to get other it because he basically took my insecurities and threw them into my face. Normally I would have been okay with it and just taken it... but he told me how he 'Misses the Sex' and 'We shouldn't stay in contact' even though he was the one to message me. It just caught me off guard, so I snapped at him, called him a narcissist and asked him to please never contact me again. I'm never angry but hearing him say that just hurt me so much as if I never meaned anything more to him.
I regret it now... I still deeply love him, even though we will never be together again. I don't want him to hate me... I feel so guilty even though he was so bad to me. My friends said he deserves it and they think he just apologized because he wanted to see if I was still willing to have sex with him. I don't know what to do. I care about him and I don't want him to feel guilty for anything, I just want him to be happy, but I need to protect myself too.

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• your mental health first before anyone else's always! don't put yourself in a situation where you're unhappy again, just try to remove him from your life or else you'll keep going towards that negativity