Should I write a thank you message/letter to my ex boyfriend?

We broke up 3 months ago. Now I realized I never said a thank you to him, and I want to tell him...
We only dated for a short period of time, but we were really good friends before dating.

Can I text him and tell him? Or is it too annoying/unnecessary?

We've become friends again and hung out once since the break up. I think the friendship is good and sincere.
We both know that we won't get back together, mainly because of the distance.

1111

Most Helpful Guy

• Abort! Abort! that is why guys think some women are crazy. Writing him a thank you letter is unnecessary and not needed. Just be normal.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, do what you feel you need to. I notice a lot of people saying not to, but if it were me, and he did something to really help you, then I would. It's best to get all bottled up feelings out in the open especially if you're becoming friends again.

What Guys Said 10

• I think it's not necessary, you can simply text a short thanks and saying you were looking back on the good times and just wanted to say thanks, but don't get too deep if you two are currently good

• OVER & DONE WITH.

• I'd leave it now and move on

• You want to thank him for giving you the dick?

• Unnecessary, and he'll think your tryna get back with him

• Yes, WRITE the letter (pen and paper), don't get mushy, stick to the point and keep it positive.

• Thank an ex?
    No!

• Thank you for what, havimg sex with you, sounds like thats the onlything changed.

• Just let it go

• U can tell him... No problem. If he is open minded he will like it

What Girls Said 10

• It's unnecessary. It's best to leave things as they are. It may just complicate things. He may assume you are reaching out to him , coz you want him back.

• yeah that's my concern, I don't wanna complicate things... but he won't assume I wanna get back together since we are clear about this. thanks for the advice

• I think you should write the thank you letter but don't send it to him. Writing it out for yourself can be really good therapy for you but it is best to not actually send it. It could undo all the healing you have done since the break up.

• that's a good idea! Will try that! thanks:)

• I think it's a good idea. It might help give you closure.

• yup the main reason I wanna do this is that I feel like I need a closure or a reason to leave it for good..

• Just leave it alone. I've been there and done that and nothing good ever comes from it

• I would just leave it and chalk it up to experience :)

• What about the chance of regret not telling him in the future?

• Thanks for the advice☺️!!

• Anytime! Good luck :)

• I'd just leave it go.

• I honestly feel like at this point, that's very unnecessary. Say thank u for what? Y'all broke up so it's over.

• Deepens what happen?

• I don't understand lol sorry
      deepens what?

• Sorry auto correct. It depends on what happen.

• ah okay 👌🏻

• Unnecessary, why exactly do you want to say thank you? What for? ( don't mean to sound rude)

• because he had done a lot for me before, but I was not able to understand and said some hurtful things to him...

• If you feel you need to, go ahead. "Hey, remember when..." But it honestly depends on what you want to thank them for, what did he do?

• okay I'll think about it. Thanks a lot for the advice!:)

• Don't do it