Have you ever liked someone so much that you forgot your self worth?

I have and I felt like shit because they treated me like shit for a hook up. He only shows up when he feels he needs some lovin but disappears when he doesn't. I walked away and disappeared from his life but he realized I am a good girl who has a lot of love to give but too late son, my ship has sailed. BYE lol

3244

Most Helpful Guy

• I did that once. The big lesson I've learned is to invest in relationships without taking the other person very seriously. My most recent "crush" is a girl I met at college who seems to have such a crappy sense of self worth that she intentionally surrounds herself with people who talk badly about her. I thought that I could inspire her step up her game a bit by treating her the way a lady should be. I reasoned that even if we didn't date (because I really didn't care that much) that we could be good friends... She ended up just blowing me off to spend time with those same people who would talk about her like she was dirt. Even though I know she genuinely appreciated it, obviously I didn't make much of an impression, and I'm okay with that now because I know not to take her seriously.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, and this has happened to me both romantically and platonically. It's very easy to be blinded by someone's good traits, to the point where you somehow start accepting the bad traits too. Even when they outweigh the good. Some people are just really good at manipulating, or have some extraordinary personality traits that really draw you in. So for a long time you might not even realize that you're sacrificing your own happiness and mental health for someone else, which is why leaving can be so hard. Like you know that they're bad for you but you end up justifying it in the weirdest ways.
    Finally letting go is a really liberating feeling, though. And even though I feel ashamed for having put up with so much bullshit, I'm proud of being strong enough to leave and I'm happy with the lessons I've learned. It has made it easier for me now to see through other people's bullshit.

• No need to be ashamed. Experiences and people like them teach us lessons in life we can use later not to repeat the same mistakes.

What Guys Said 43

• Yes, not long before I came across GAG. I pursued and pursued and pursued her and ended up more hurt and broken each time. She was basically a middle school girl in a 19-year-old's body. The last time was the worst. I cut her off after that and never went back. Six months later, she was pregnant and engaged.

Five years later, she sent me a friend request on Facebook. I browsed her page a bit and learned that she was getting divorced. I knew it would happen. I am not now, nor was I ever happy to learn that that had happened. I didn't even think "she deserves it". I'm better than that. I ignored her for a while before I deleted her request. A month later, I met my girlfriend :-)

• Sorta. I was with my ex wife 25 years. I lost myself in that relationship. I gave up everything I enjoyed. I let her have everything she wanted. Agreed with everything because I wanted her to be happy (and probably I didn't want her to leave me). I lost my identity. Unfortunately, everything still collapsed around me. I never stood up for myself completely. it just turned in to never ending arguments.

• I think we've all experienced that at least once in our lives - people who are not as invested as you are. Over time you develop an ability to spot it, and move on.

• I can't say i have. I actually find it incredibly difficult to not get bored of girls quickly.

I'm glad that you found the will to say no though, hopefully you can hold out when he really turns on the charm.

• bored? wae? (why why why?) T___T RWJRDEHCVJWDH dat got meh curious -qq did you never found a nice, cute and funny gurl? damn :c

• I understand that... a lot. It's weird to word it like that but a lot of people seem internally dead.-. No ambitions in life, happy with their deadend job etc.

• @skyholes I have found lots of cute funny girls :P. But there has always been someone better who caught my eye and i got bored of the old one.

I've settled down now though, have done for the past 5 years.

• I've always been too nice and I've let women walk on me in the past. I say next time it'll be different but, its usually the same thing.

• No, never... Never Never lol!!!
    Actually the more I like someone the higher the self worth goes... because Ill have higher expectations for her since I look at her differently. And because I have higher expectations for her I automatically have higher expectations for me...

Never drop your self worth... that is a messy situation and leads to disaster

• I love that image. Like a lot
      It makes me feel freeeeeeee
      Im stealing it lol
      Thanks ๐Ÿค—

• Yes and this person ended up being a narcissist/sociopath on the rebound, a dangerous combination.

It made me not to think of any of the common interests we had. And it set a bad precedent as she made it seem like seem like I was the crazy one and I was to blame for her very fucked up behavior.

• not want to think*

• Not an ex. I guess I dodged a bullet but let's just say we had a short fling and then the last date, she invited me over to her place, had me go into her room and there was a used condom wrapper in her bed. She ended up blaming me for it somehow by blocking me on social media and accusing me of stalking her when I'd run into her at concerts of bands we both liked, even though I was with friends of other women I dated.

She was a Fucking psychotic bitch for sure.

• Guarantee you that if the roles were reversed and I invited a girl to my place with a used condom wrapped in my bed, I'd be crucified.

• yeah and the bish broke my heart.

2.5 years ago and I still pine for her

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...e07fb90ed6.gif

• Yes. When I was depress and lonely in college I thought My crush was perfect, now I can care less about her.

• yes i have... and she broke my heart

• Yep.

She broke my heart. Destroyed my ability to trust the majority of women, and killed my interest in relationships.

• But by letting her do this to you, she still has control over your life.

• No. A big ego may fuck me up in other ways, but the positive side of it is that it stops me from putting shitty people above me and making mistakes like the one you made.

• Yeah, with my ex, for sometime I stop being my self, until I realized I had to start doing stuff that are part of who I am.

• Been there. but i learned my lesson from it. Never loose yourself while loving someone else

• Yeah, once or twice... But then I started to care more about myself and my goals, and shit like that doesn't happen anymore.

• I don't have any self worth is the first place.

• yeah. i liked a pinay girl very much but she didn't care for me. i lost my self respect to be friend with her. i miss her a lot.

• Isn't it great that you have learned from this experience and have moved on. So many girls never get out of this cycle because they just want to love someone or they stay with someone who mistreats them becaus ethey think they love them and crave it. Well done. Find someone who will treat you good this time.

• Before but not any more.

• Yea tbh.

• it happens then eventually i feel that she's not reciprocating and i stop giving.

• Yes once byt am. With someone betet now and learned to take life 1 step at a time.

• Unfortunately yes

• Never again. I hate love for that

• yeah I have

• Yes/no
    I have never really done anything for my crush but i should take care of myself more

• yeah

• No way

• Cool story

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 31

• I did with my ex. Always had a bad habit of holding on to people who didn't want me and/or just wanted sex and trying to get them to see what they're missing. I lost a piece of myself with each person this happened with and it went on for 7 years. 9th grade to the past year. With my ex, it was all I had left of the "old me" and I wanted him so badly just because he was all I knew but he didn't want me but of course he was still talking to me being a "friend". I was someone I didn't like and I had hate in my heart from the situation. This went on for months until i reached out to him trying to make things better and he threw it in my face

• I dated a guy for a year who made me cry at least once a day.. I thought it was normal and didn't even think about it, it was just the way we were. He was a master manipulater though, he would crush me and then build me up again so when I did want to leave I would feel guilty for even thinking of it. But you live and you learn and I'm a stronger person today because of it.

• how did you finally walk away

• I had amazing friends who pulled me though and he cheated on me. Him cheating was the final straw. I still cried for days so hard I couldn't move. But as soon as you leave a toxic relationship you begin to see clearly and you realise how insane you were for staying and how terrible the things you suck around for are. Thinking back now, that was NOT love, but whatever it was did blind me!

• I wouldn't say my crush has made me lose my self-worth, but he kind of knocks my confidence down a bit. On a friends level, he thinks he's always right. I can't ever tell him how I feel about anything without him telling me I'm wrong. He never admits to being at fault for anything. And then on a romantic level, he's holding out for some fucking perfect metal queen (who doesn't and will never fucking exist), overlooking me, even though he loves talking to and hanging out with me, he cares about me a lot, and he's told me he's attracted to me. I'm just not goddamn perfect enough.

• Briefly, but I look back now on that relationship and feel it was pretty emotionally abusive. Maybe not completely emotionally abusive, but he wanted me as dependent on him as possible.

• Yes I left the both guys who did this to me

• yes I loved this guy for years however he was always so mean to me, he's ugly and a gold-digger but I still love him. He makes me jealous on occasion too. Everyone's like, why are you with this guy? Because he's just perfect in my eyes. He even tried to tell me, look I'm not special. Don't want to hear it.

• No I know my self worth. And that would be an unhealthy relationship and I don't want to be in one.

• Last time I was into this dude it was sorta like that except that he was really sweet but I felt like I wasn't good enough for them

• you are good enough and maybe more. they don't know your worth.

• No, because I kinda treated them like shit. They were into me, but it was hard for me to believe because I've got a lot of trust issues. One time I even made them cry. At that moment, I finally believed them, but I knew it wasn't gonna work out for us. We both had a lot of issues going on in our lives, so the best thing I could do was let them go.

• I have. I put myself through so much unnecessary drama and being treated like shit for some guy that doesn't even think about me now. I'll never go back but I'm still not over him. I don't want anyone else, I don't even have the energy to try.

• No. I've had guys who tried to treat me like crap but I always walked away.
    I think it's funny they think they can get away with it. Like hello, it's much easier for me to find another dude to fuck than it is for you to get another girl.

• Hell no

• Yes I have, recently actually, he did the same thing, only spoke to me when it was good for him.

• Sure have. Good for you. He didn't deserve you.

• it's happened

• Oh my goodness. A friend of mine brought this to my attention just today.

• I did the same thing a few days ago!!! he only messaged me on snap chat once at the weekends late at night to ask for nudes and he couldn't care less about me as he never talked on messenger.

• I have that right now

• Definitely.

• Yes I have

• Yes... more often than I would like to admit

• Too many times

• You did the right thing
    Happened to me too
    We call them Fuck boys ๐Ÿ˜‰

• ya fuck boi kept coming back to me but I have been cold turkey on him. Not a chance. :D

• Good job sweetheart
      Know you're worth๐Ÿ˜‰

• it seems like everything girl here that posted has been there... No kidding people have such shitty relationships... they chase the guy that gets their panties soaked up and it never works for them

Why do girls think with their vag...

• always

• i will never let that happpen

• ya I never thought it will happen. It did and I am not proud of it. But I am proud of me when I realized I am better than this.

• Does loving your baby is counted? if its about relationship, Yep, there are times my partner take me for granted but then I reminded him and talk to him.

• Pretty easy to do

• I liked this person, and we were "a thing" for 2 years. Until his ex came wanted him back into her life. He left me without a second thought and blocked me off everything. My heart still ache for him from time to time as he was my first everything but I'm glad it's over.

• yeap, in someway i was losing myself for the other person wellness

• yes i have because i kinda fall into that "dumb love" category when it comes to relationships sadly

• Yes, I do love my crush that much. Thing is that even though he likes me back, he's a very immature, manipulative and controlling guy. He always puts his ego first and me second. Even knowing all that I still love him.

It's honestly very frustrating and sad and my friends keep telling me that I deserve much better than him and he's not worth my time but I can't help how I feel.

• More from Girls
    1