Will an emotional manipulator go to the extreme measures of breaking up to lure you into becoming what they want?

For example, leaving you and then telling you that you have an attitude problem, they need you to do what they say when they say it and that's why they can't be together. But, they fail to realize they put you through hell, and victimize themselves once you give them a taste of their own medicine.

Then calls you after breaking up and says I don't know why I even called you, sorry and hangs up in your face. Then you ask why they called if they are the ones who broke up with you, and they respond with a "?"

Is he gone for good? Or waiting on a chase?

Most Helpful Guy

• Those are head games, and its designed to control you. Sometimes, its best to either ignore that person by not taking the calls, or play the game right back... dont call me, I have another man, or I am looking for another man, why are you bothering me? play games right back.

• I do and he flips everything on me. He is good at covering his tracks.

• He is always broke, lives with his mom at 37 and has to check in with her, tattooed face and head, abusive, manipulative, looks 55 bc of drinking all his life (wrinkle face), and has a bad temper and a felon. He was very lucky to have me.

• He is lucky to have anyone. read the PM I sent you

Most Helpful Girl

• Playing games to get a reaction from you is a waste of your breath and time.

• I figured he was doing it to get a reaction. He is that type of person. That's why I am not going to entertain it otherwise I would be feeding him the attention he wants from me.

• coz he knows he had the best! and he will never have it any better anywhere else. :/

• I was pretty cruel to him in the end.

What Guys Said 5

• He's playing mind games to try to guilt you into thinking that you were the root cause of the problem which will make you feel like a piece of shit and you'll feel like he's the best you could have, thus making you live according to his will

• When he calls, dont answer. That's the best thing to do, just dont even think about picking up and he'll be left wondering what you're up to & how you're doing.

• You're right. I was thinking he is playing it cool to see if ill budge. Then once he notices I am done, he will get mad. He was questioning when I was going home a day after he broke up with me. Why does it matter what time I'm going home? He isn't my boyfriend.

• Yup, when its over , its over.

• Probably yes. Just forget them and move on.

• Yes thats manipulative behaviour

• So, is he waiting on me to chase him?

• Yea thats just how it is usually the dude has to chase you he's used to it

• I actually want him back

• If they can't accept critism, they aren't mature enough to be in a relationship.

• Who is criticising who? I am confused by your statement.

• Oh, I see what you're saying.

• Thank you.

What Girls Said 2

• I would run, honestly, it would just get worse. I was sort of involved with someone, who lead me on then didn't like it when I called him out on it, he would twist situations and I would apologise to him. If I tried to express myself he would tell me to stop then tell me I am acting crazy, or weird. One day I snapped I had had enough and went off, not in a mean way, I simply explained why I was so upset in my own way because I didn't deserve to be treated that way. He said that he will make it right when he is back home and he will let me know what that is but I simply don't trust him. At the end of the day you need to take back your dignity and stay away because he won't change, it is a game.

• Couldn't have said it better. I believe this is a cry for attention and to try to make feel guilty. I had enough and lost respect for him and yes I spoke to him in a cruel way. He was starting to be nice but after years of treating me bad, I couldn't even begin to appreciate the change in him. I just didn't believe it because I had a feeling he would switch up again.

• That is exactly it, I think of trust as a plate, once you break it and if you put it together, yes it is whole again but the plate will never be as it once was. I know it is harsh but I don't always think people change and if they do, its because something has either happened to them or they decide on their own. I am not saying change is impossible but not likely in this situation.

• Oh no, I don't believe he changed one bit. A man who changes doesn't tell me if I don't do what he says we are done. He is acting like he changed but sorry that doesn't happen overnight. He thinks I am dumb. Lol

• When guys play games like this and you react you are showing them it works. You need to do dark. Block and delete the number. Do not respond and do not let them know they have power over you. If they don't like your attitude well guess what? There is someone out there who will.

• I agree. It is quite obvious he wants a chase and attention. Kind of sad coming from a 37 year old. I stopped reaching out to him, I don't have time to entertain such foolishness. After 3.5 years, enough becomes enough.