Why can some people move on quick from a break-up whereas others cannot?

Why do you think some people can move on quickly from a break-up whereas other people cannot?

what do you think the reasons are?

2431

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on a persons own character , and how they respond to their pain and emotions after a breakup.

Some people are emotionally stronger than others and can adapt quickly to the breakup. They accept it's over, so put it behind them and move forward and on with their life. They refuse to allow the pain of the breakup to consume them. They keep active and their mind focused on things other than the breakup and their ex.

Some people persistently dwell on the breakup and their ex. They hold onto keepsakes, and spend most of their time reminiscing about what " was" and what should've / could've been. This just keeps their pain raw , and prevents them from moving on. Reminiscing feeds memories and memories feed the pain. They get locked in a cycle of grief. Therefore, they fail to move on.

• Very true!! Also I think another variable that comes into play here is based on how much you actually liked the person - the more you liked them the harder it is I feel.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people put a lot into a relationship, sometimes everything. To the point where they base their self worth on it and take ages (or never in some cases) to recover from the pain and regain their confidence.

Others can usually get over that quicker, they go find someone to boost their confidence and get that "loved" feeling again.

Then you have cases when it's just one partner who loses interest and has moved on before the break-up even occurred, while the other one didn't.