Bad idea to send a letter to my ex?

It's fairly long, mostly a closure/goodbye letter to give us both peace and that i'd like to stay friends if he's ever up for that. That i'm sorry about the way I acted and I realize things now, that the emotions have cooled down and that I'm thankful for the impact he had on my life. I wish him well. I know that sometimes people are good, but not for each other.
I'm not expecting a reply and clealy stated that in the letter. Even though I wouldn't mind giving things a second chance I know that it takes two to work on that and it's time to let it rest. I just want him to know and that and try to end things civil because it's been going like that for five months and it never was completly over.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Ex's cause drama

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I'd do it because you might regret the things you don't say

What Guys Said 1

• Do what your heart tells you.

• You're right, thank you

What Girls Said 1

• Do you want him or not?

• I partly do, I wouldn't mind giving it another chance but it's difficult as we both weren't in the best situation when we started dating and had a lot of issues. It's difficult to oversee that, even if it has been resolved.

• Thank you <3 I guess it'll help even if its just to make him feel less guilty about what happened

• you're welcome