Do you think there's a chance that he and I can work it out?

I was dating an amazing guy for 5 months. He's really up in the air about what he wants to do in the next year... a big part of him wants to move and get out of the state but he's not sure if he'll be able to. So we always kept things pretty light. But we saw each other almost everyday and we seemed really happy and never really fought.

He disappeared one day. For 3 weeks I didn't hear anything from him. I reached out three times. The first time I just said that I was thinking about him and hope he was okay. The second time I just asked him if we could actually sit down and talk. And the last time I told him that I was going to end up where he works because my friend really wanted to go there and I didn't want to avoid it. He called me.

He apologized a lot. He said that he kept wanting to reach out but didn't know exactly what to say or how to do it. But everything he typed out just didn't seem right. He already had a lot on his plate with work and wanting to move and I guess an ex got back in touch with him. I don't know to what extent. I just assured him that I wasn't mad at him and that I understand these things happened and he can't help how he feels. He didn't sound good he seems really stressed out. We had a really good conversation and he said maybe we could crack a bottle of wine sometime.

I went to the bar and it was really good to see him we talked a little bit. Hugged him hello and goodbye and that was about it.

I just tried to stay supportive, I love him and I just want him to be happy even if it's not with me. We kept things so light that I never told him, he already had told me that he was worried to get too attached before he planned on leaving. So right now I'm kind of just letting him try to figure things out and I'm going to try to be supportive and hopefully we'll get some kind of a friendship going.

Does this sound like a situation that might have hope of working out?

01

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 0