I feel like my ex didn't want to break up with me, but I don't know why. Can someone help?

We're together almost 2 and a half years. Our relationship was fine, we were each other's first love and since everything was new, we kinda got into a pace were its wad fine for us.

He's not someone who shares his feeling easily and I'm the oposite because I believe that if we just keep things to ourselves, it gets worse for the both of us. So because of that we usually and small arguments but nothing serious, and also I would text him that I wished he could be more romantic and such, and looking back at it I can understand that maybe it was too much.
But last Sunday he decided to break up with me after I confronted him about him becoming more distant. He told me that the reason he decided to end things its because he stoped having feelings for me awhile ago and was just hanging on to see if something hould change.

But I'm so confused about this.. even with our problems, we were fine. Lately both of out personal lifes were a bit messed up and since I also suffer from depression and anxiety, i had to find methods to controls my emotions without hurting him.

When we texted me he said he wishes I would find someone who could make me happy the way he couldn't do. After that we never talked again. I don't know if he decided to break things because he thinks he's not good enough for me our if my depressed days were too severe for him to deal with. I don't know why but I feel like we could be together again but I don't know if I should wait for him (I told him I would) or actually move on. I can't seem to reach him, I just want to understand why he did this out of nothing.

Is this a normal thing some guys do? What should I do in order to find out the "true"? Or my mind is just playing games and I should just let go?

What Guys Said 1

• Get over it and move on

What Girls Said 0