Another question, how do you get over heartbreak?

I was with this guy and I honestly thought he was everything I wanted until I saw how he truly was and it's hard to get over him bc I still have feelings for him and we go to the same school and he keeps parading his new girlfriend in my face, I am hopelessly confused

724

Most Helpful Guy

• Welcome to life as a teenager, young adult and yeah, at least the next decade of your life. Perfect relationship, hopeless heartbreak, and the cycle continues...

The good news is time will help. The bad news is, it is a cycle until you find someone and a the cycle breaks. In the meanime remember that the sun will rise, the stars will shine, the waves will crash, the wind will blow, and you are still alive, so there is still hope. Just give yourself time.

"And indeed there will be time
    For the yellow smoke that slides along the street,
    Rubbing its back upon the window-panes;
    There will be time, there will be time
    To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet;
    There will be time to murder and create,
    And time for all the works and days of hands
    That lift and drop a question on your plate;
    Time for you and time for me,
    And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
    And for a hundred visions and revisions,
    Before the taking of a toast and tea."

T. S. Elliot, a lovesong of J. Alfred Proofrock

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep busy.

I usually read when i want to escape from the reality of this harsh world but you do whatever floats your boat

What Guys Said 23

• It will go away in time, but if you wanna rush it you can just find a rebound relationship, to fill the void, mend the loss, and make you realize the irrelevancies of ended relationships.

• At your age... time

At my age, when it goes so far as betrayal/divorce... you don't

• It's never easy especially if it's one of your first breakups. It really just takes time to heal. Try to focus on your hobbies and school to take your mind off of it. Sometime in the future you'll wake up feeling a lot better I promise. You can overcome this. We all have the power if we just believe in ourselves.

• Lesson learned. Spend your time making a list of the traits you want in your husband. Really work at it. Then only date guys who have those traits

• Same question from a guy, here: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2629247-what-is-best-alternative-after-break-up

My advice is mostly apropos. :)

• Get to know other people

• Video games. It can get your mind off of a negative subject.

• Be nice to him. It throws people off when you are nice to them and makes you not feel like shit. Don't be a friend to him, just nice. Like he's an acquaintance.

• Don't date its a waste at this age. Hang out with friends have fun and when its time you'll find true love.

• Time.

• You just do, not like you can hit a switch though, more like you stop putting fuel into the fire of that love and it dies down / goes out. Hope you get over it x

• Smart girl will focus on her career, hobbies, love herself more than she loves anyone else and she has the art of not giving a fuck about anything. This will make you non needy. And many guys will follow you.

• You too show him that u have a new boyfriend.. if he gets jealous means he loves then you can tell him what you want

• well just don't think about it , get a boyfriend , maybe some new friends , fight fire with fire

• Typical answer "don't think about it" you obviously don't understand what it's like to get over someone..

• point taken , but don't judge people you don't know , uhh nvm

• but srsly stop judging I have her the advice that helped me

• With time... There's not easy quick fix. Just take your time and experience it... When you're over it you will know

• go slow and never stop believeing will find some one

• Lol i am single yet. 😂

• Find a new match

• Time...

• Ill let you know... if it ever happens

• Make yourself busy with anything so you don't think about it him, I know it's not easy but also it isn't hard, you can do, you will find a better guy than him who will truly loves you

• Eat sleep work out study repeat

• It depends.

I think my typical thing is I do what I can to distract myself. I usually work a lot anyway, so I try to delve deeper into work. I also do like to be with friends... and I definitely avoid contact if at all possible, especially if it was a hard pain.

I've also had some short lived relationships, so I haven't gotten as emotionally invested in her to make it all that horrible. I think that it's also that I'm quick to realize all the bad things that broke us up were legit... and I am much better off not having a girl who cheats, or who is mean spirited... or whatever.

I have had those moments with crushes... on occasion. I remember being really hurt at 17 because a girl made a date with me and it was a joke... and I fell for it. I recall (besides being super upset internally), that I never let her fool me like that again. I dropped talking to her, but acted as if I was in on it, and never showed that it hurt.

What Girls Said 6

• I know how you feel:/ what helps me is to make new friends and/or find another guy. For me, other people get my mind off heartbreaks. The more you don't think about it, the better it gets. Hope this helps :)

• It really takes time, when I was your age around then I was going through heartbreak I literally didn't think I would survive as dramatic as that sounds, but I did and you will too! You just have to focus son what you want and not settle.

• Get your girls together and go have a fun time. Time heals everything, but don't forget ur not alone.

• Watch anime like dragon ball - dragon ball super ( you'll be too hyped up to even think about him ), play some video games , workout get hot so you'd make him regret it, DO WHAT YOU WANNNNA DO GIRL LOL you freeee

• you should try to make yourself happy

• You dont get over him.