Guys, would you talk to your ex still if you weren't interested?

Background: My ex broke up with me about 4 weeks ago. We went about 3 weeks with no contact before I reached out to him via text. He was pleasant in responding--he didn't ignore me, and things were cordial. We've had a couple of text exchanges since and one phone call lasting about an hour, which was also cordial (there was no relationship talk, neither of us got emotional [i. e. I didn't beg for him back or get upset while we were on the phone], etc.). These exchanges have been spaced out (usually a day or two in between), and I've initiated all the contact, but that wasn't unusual in our relationship either--he doesn't initiate contact with many people, including myself and his friends.

I guess for the guys out there, would you still talk to your ex for the sake of sparing her feelings, or would you cut ties all together?

3

What Guys Said 3

• I think this image sums it up for me. Either I would want to be together again (which happens to be the precise situation I'm in) because I still love her, or I never loved her and could be friends. ... but I'm a lover, so don't see ever making the transition.

• I feel like it's a situational answer. If there's no hard feeling or lingering romantic feelings sure, on the other hand, if someone did something like cheat, I'd cut ties altogether

• My ex and i are still great fruends