My ex girlfriend says that she "isn't ready to come back"?

We were together a year and 8 months. I broke up with her about a month ago, because I was unhappy with how things were going. and we had our fights during that time because we couldn't get over the mistakes we both made. We decided to work on ourselves for that month, but she didn't work on herself, she stayed angry at me for 3 whole weeks and only worried about her feelings and said she was "grieving" in that time.

We even tried the no contact rule, and we couldn't stay away from each other for more than 3 or 4 days at a time, I only initiated contact once...And the other 2 or 3 times she contacted me first through texting. She's told me she's changed for the better, and when I told her she needs to prove to me that she has changed, she said she can't because she "isn't ready". She also told me she didn't know what the future would bring, but she knew she couldn't do this right now and she's doing what's best for her. She told me she still loves me but she isn't in love with me as much as she used to be since we broke up. Do you think she will come back? Because I've always heard if she loves you, she will find her way back. What do you think? I don't know what to think :(

21

Most Helpful Girl

• When people take breaks it either makes or breaks a relationship. In your case it broke it. She took a step back and she realized that things were a lot worse than she first anticipated . She realized that she didn't need you as much as she thought she did and she thinks there's someone else out there that could make her happier. Think about it I don't know what your views on relationships are but generally we want to make them last a life time... its a big sacrifice and if we are going to make that sacrifice we need to be 100% committed and sure...shes not and maybe in future she will, maybe not. For now though , you need to move on sorry if it sounds harsh but letting her go will lead you to someone that's better for you..

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should let her go you had a break for a reason you will find something better.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't wait for her or you might spend your whole life waiting. There are plenty of women in this world.

• She told me that she "doesnt expect me to wait" so I'm just going to live my life, and if she comes back, that means she truly loves me and it was meant to be