Should I dump him because I suspect he has herpes?

So I've been talking to this guy and getting to know for the past several weeks.
Today he turned up with a cold sore on his lower lip. I asked what it was? He said it's a cold sore and it might be genetic because he said his mom gets it all the time.

I think he's lying and I suspect he has herpes. Should I make a run for it?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I know "some" people are gonna tell you to educate yourself or that everyone has it or that its normal. However I have never had a cold sore on my lips or had a breakout of cold sores. I also dont think its normal.
    Now I have heard that if someone has this, it can be passed by sharing straws or cups too. So just my two cents.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell ya. Follow your gut girl

What Guys Said 4

• 75% of people has face herpes. You can have genital herpes on face too but its different... way less common.. google it..

• maybe he does love you more. ot is not love if you break up with something like herpes. love is stronger than that. Tbh you should have never asked this question.

• while that is indeed the same virus, having it on your lip doesn't mean you also have it elslewhere

• No , dig deeper make sure its not herpes

What Girls Said 1

• Absolutely not. Please educate yourself on cold sores before you judge people like this.

• I did. And it's herpes, an STD

• and both are transmitted through saliva, bodily excretions and oral sex. You need to focus on that. I read more articles that state cold sores are STDs

• Lol please educate yourself properly please.