Texting an ex happy birthday?

It was my "sort of" ex's birthday yesterday. I truly miss him- we used to be good friends and then just discussing being in a relationship together ruined things and now we haven't spoken in a little over 2 months and stopped following eachother on social media. It ended very badly.
But I'm sort of over it and just want to be in touch to say happy birthday over text. Any thoughts/ opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• if that is what you feel, then do it.

I did it, I felt good at that moment. At the same time I proved myself I'm a decent polite man, wasn't feeling frustrated or anything, that I did not feel the need to curse the girl, call her a bitch or make a scene, send an aggressive message.
    Even prouder of myself, keeping in mind that as in your case it ended catastrophically. Wouldn't want to go into details.
    If this message, got us talking as I somehow was hoping in the back of my mind? No, she never said anything directly to me, but she was posting lame stuff on facebook. As it was quite painful and a complicated backstory I did not react to those at all. She would have probably said they're not for me.

With one thing she never disappointed: she never had the balls to speak her mind and say what she feels/thinks/wants.

So if you send him a message, do it only because it would make you feel good, but NOT because you expect him to open the door, as you might get hurt.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go ahead. Did you'll end up on a bad note? Umm, go ahead in that case too. If nothing, it will bring some positivity. Unless he mistreated you, in that case never text him back! Good luck

What Guys Said 3

• it's always a good idea to show good will/faith. that's what makes us humans (along with the ability of making mistakes)

• Well I did... and he hasn't responded... but it's still early for a Sunday morning where he is, I guess...😒

• You just need to do what's up to you (which you already did) because you will at least not regret not taking actions :) Peace be with you dudette.

• I would, but don't expect a reply. Or at least a open one.

• If you really wanna wish him go ahead listen to you heart
    But indeed don't expect for a reply if he replied than fine enough continue further otherwise stop texting him after bday wish and give him some time to think further

What Girls Said 2

• I don't really see a point why you want to be in touch again to be honest, you haven't spoken over 2 months and don't feel ill towards him, just lett go.

• You once shared bonding and bodily fluids, so hey why not? Yolo