I have a stalker, should I take matters into my own hands and get a gun?

This person has been terrorizing me for several years. He went away or was more discreet for a while and is back to stalking me again. I'm not in the mental shape to continue putting up with this.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Get a gun, know how to use it (not on a range, but in something like IDPA).
    2. Get a concealed carry permit if your state requires one.
    3. Get a restraining order.

• What's an IDPA?

• Go to any gun store (Cabella's or Bass Pro Shop for example) and someone will be happy to help you without being pushy.

• Thanks for your tips

What Guys Said 19

• Yes, you should.

Don't bother about people saying a protection/restraining order. If he really wants to harm you eventually - he will not give a shit about a piece of paper when he is going to break laws anyway. There are smaller and lighter guns for women. Go to your local gun-ranch or something and ask people for advice. I am sure they will be helpful about it.

And if you get one, learn how to properly handle it. Additionally also learn physical self-defense. Just having a gun doesn't make you invincible. There are situations where you are incapable of drawing it.

And ignore people saying pepper-spray. Its bullshit. First of all it doesn't work on everyone, second of all you need to get into really close range, thirdly you need to aim with spray (yeah, try that) and fourthly - most people have it and never have opened the bottle and have no clue how it works.

• Thanks for the advice

• I would get a gun but still you can get in trouble even though you just trying to protect yourself. Heard a stort of a women going to jail because her baby daddy would beat the shit out of her, she got a gun and next time he tried she shot a warning shot at the ceiling. Now she is doing 99 years in prison. Careful what state you are in. Another thing you can do is record them following you. Take pictures record video. Hard to prove you are randomly walking by if he is everywhere you are at. 24/7.

• It's not a bad idea to become a licensed firearm holder. You could protect yourself and potentially others.

• I've been seriously considering this, but it makes me a little nervous that and I'm unsure which guns would work best for me

• A quick internet search will tell you that. Or perhaps better yet the attendant behind the counter at your local gun store.

• Yeah

• There is a lot missing here. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you have done the polite thing. I suggest you confront the stalker (with friends near by to watch you) and you lay down your law. Walk right up to he or she and tell them you know what they are doing. You have no interest in them and their actions make you care even less. You have told everyone what is going on so if anything.. anything happens; (the stalker) You are the only one they will look for, and not bring to the police. Go far away from me and never think of setting eyes on me again. You have no chance of ever being with me and your actions only make it worse.

Be strong and DO NOT avoid the stalker. Make it known you know what going on. These people pray on weaknesses and you being scared makes them feel important and your protection.

• Yes I have told them not to stalk me numerous times.

• Thus I would file a TRO or injunction in court if this bothers you so. If that dont work. I know a few 'Counselors' who are effective at attitude adjustments.

• Ugh, I wish.

• go concealed carry

• Police. Don't be taking things into your own hands. If it makes you feel better carry a legal gun. How about something less lethal? But I would go to the cops. Have the cops explain to him that he needs to back off.

• Um no, you should get a protection order. You should not get a gun, it will not make you safer.

• If your not in mental shape then maybe a gun is not the best answer

• What are the cops doing about it?

• Yeah

• Do NOT use a gun! Depending on where you live, there is a high chance that will get you arrested! Have you already called police before? Have you talked to anyone else about the matter?

• Contact the LEOs. I always tell people to get a gun regardless, and carry it legally.

• Get a gun, a restraining order is just a piece of paper

• Try having dinner with him

• take pictures and inform police then if it don't work u know what to do

• Sure go for it, or better yet get law enforcement involved like a normal person would.

• If your scared of using bullet use blanks or rubber ones

• He might have a thing for strippers.

• Then again you could just be paranoid off the coco.

• That girl "blew" some life into me more than once. She was a breathe of fresh air.

• But sorry to hear about your issue. I'm sure it's just echoes from the past. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

What Girls Said 4

• Self defense, taser, pepper spray and restraining order... sorry you are being stalked xT... i would be so stressed out and feel safe if he was locked up or very far away

• It's extremely stressful and I can feel it taking a toll on me as I am starting to feel really paranoid. It's a little depressing for me.

• Maybe that would look kind of weird but might be a good idea?

• Lol looking weird is not your biggest concern, your safety is and not like it's prettied up unless you styled it but does it really matter, as long it's not too obvious hahaha. I hope you get this creep soon, wish you can get advice from cops and lawyers like self defense details and the court process... is there a way?

• Call the cops first and then we can talk about a gun

• no ignore him

• Report to a police