Ex contacts 1 year after we break up?

My ex and I shared a beautiful 2 year relationship during high school and were keen on long distance after my gap year and I left for uni. However he changed his mind and we broke up during my gap year mutually. In a month he had another girlfriend and that crushed me and I had a major down-spiral. I became the female equivalent of a fuckboy. He tried to be friendly after the break-up but I cut him off, it was hard for me. He also said some things that undermined our relationship and he knew would hurt me.

8 months after the break up I called him again to ask how he could just jump into another girls arms so fast and then we spoke as friends for a bit.. (I was pretty much crying softly as I was drunk and still hurt). 2 weeks after the phone call his girlfriend tries to friend me on FB and even poked me, tf?

4 months after the call (a year after breakup) he whatsapps me "hey" and is trying to have a friendly convo. I dont understand why because he stopped trying to be friends after 3 months of the breakup and is still w that girl. Also, the phone call was clearly a drunk call from my side and he said he only spoke coz his girlfriend wanted him to clear things out w me.

I dont know what to do.. should I talk to him or just ignore it.. I still am a little affected by this.

14

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly any time an ex tries to reconnect with me, I always have to question what motivates them to do so. What is it that this guy wants?

The thing is, he was okay with breaking up with you and giving you the possibility of finding someone else. in my opinion someone who truly wants to be with you is not going to do that.

He was willing to potentially lose you forever. But thinks he can now just come back by saying "Hey"? Personally I would need more than that to convince me to go back.

You can try asking him what he is looking for out of getting back in contact with you and go from there. I'd be suspicious though.

What Guys Said 3

• If you think you can handle just being friends with him, and are capable to let the past go, then you can reply.

Otherwise, let it go. I don't think it will be wise to keep in touch otherwise.

• If you're looking for a long time relationship then be far from him.
    He needs u today but who knows about tomorrow?
    Coal never can be white

• Leave him

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!