What does it mean when your ex starts seeing someone he knew while dating you?

I was with my now ex for nearly a year. 3 weeks after he told me he loved me, we mutually ended our long distance relationship. Given that he told me he loved me and included me in long-term future plans, I thought he would be single for a little while.

Come to find out, a month after we break up (this is to my knowledge, it could have been sooner), he is going on dates with a girl he met while dating me. I don't want to get back together with him, but it makes me wonder if he always wanted to be with her. Did he initiate the break up so he could be w/her? If not physically, was he emotionally cheating on me? He told me he withdrew from me after I told him I don't know if I can move to where he lives (this was 3 weeks before we broke up). The fact that he's moved on so quickly (in my eyes at least) w/someone he knew while dating me hurts. She's also quite opposite of me in ways that I find surprising that he would be attracted to. She also has one advantage over me: she lives in the same city as him whereas I live far away.

I am trying to cope and move on, but this is the one thing that keeps me up. I know time will heal my pain, but what does it sound like to an outsider - do you think he always had her in mind and moved on too fast?
0
1