Should I message my ex after he told me not to talk to him?

My Ex messaged me a week ago asking me, "what's good?" And I responded with "?" "Why are you messaging me?" Because I was super confused.. We broke up in February and tried being friends for a month until he started ghosting me... When I messaged him about talking about us, he told me "stop wasting your time... Move on.. Get over it." Which I didn't try messaging him since. I know I should of deleted or blocked his number but I felt it would be petty of me. Cause I told myself "maybe he'll message me one day... or we'll be okay again one day.." Never expected him to actually do it..

If he didn't want to talk to me at all, why would he still have my number? Let alone, not block me? I have him blocked on social media cause I tried keeping him on there, but it got too painful to look at his stuff in my feed...

I feel really bad about telling him "why are you messaging me?" After months of not talking, cause it sounded like he was just curious to know how I've been... I'm not really interested in dating him, but I will say that I do miss being around him.. I miss him as my friend cause we got along and connected so much better that way than as a couple...

I don't want him to get the idea that I still have feelings for him, (I mean I still care about him, just not romantically..) I just want to let him know that I still care about him and hope he's okay.. Just afraid he might not respond to me after what I said..
Message him!
Too late! Don't do it!
GirlGuy
3
2