My boyfriend broke up but we could get back together later?

My boyfriend broke up with me today. He said he wants to focus on his grades at school because they are dropping. He said when school has finished we might be able to be together again and he still wants to remain friends for now.

Of course I'm devastated but I understand. I'm just worried he won't want to be with me or will loose feelings for me by the time school is over (which is around 3 months away).

Please give me advice on this and also should I keep my feelings for him in hope that we will get back together or should I let him go (something I really don't want to do)

76

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't wait around for him. Go out and explore. Should you both be in the same position 3 months from now, then there's a slight chance it could work again. Otherwise, just keep your eye out for the next guy that grabs your attention.

You didn't say in your post, but by the sounds of it (3 months from now) he's in college, at which point I'd say definitely don't wait around for him. Especially if you are in HS and he is in college. There's just too much that could happen in that time for you to wait around

• We are both in college in the same year, he told me he's not going to do stuff with anyone else because the reason he's failing is because he gives me too much of his attention

• Same college? That's a pretty shit excuse. If he really liked you he'd at most tone down how much he sees you, but instead he's ending it. I'd still you should move on

• Yeah, thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• you really sure you wanna put yourself on hold for him? if so then yea.. if not then get yourself a new start in life

• I'm only 16 so I think I'm willing to wait for him, even if he doesn't it'll be a good learning experience right?

• Now I'm feeling like I'm just gonna let him go bc it's starting to really hurt... I don't know

• am sure you don' wanna get hurt

What Guys Said 5

• I personally would look for someone else, a real boyfriend would work with you or just say "I can't reply much today just a heads up I'm busy" or something along those lines. You deserve better.

• U should also focus on ur studies.

• Do what your heart feels.

• See I have the same issue but when we need work done we just tell each other we're doing work talk later then we talk later but never have i said let's end it because I'm too busy

• your choice

What Girls Said 6

• Did he seem honest when he said that?

• Also I would say I'm sorry to hear about that and and maybe sounds like never and I don't do friends with Ben's I would even ask him how would you feel if I said that to you

• If the feelings are still there

• Never do that

• What you mean

• I do I just hope he loves me enough to have a relationship with me again

• If u believe him... Then wait for him. otherwise u can do whatever u want.
      But according to me he is just focusing on his studies to secure his and ur future...

• Aww I feel for you hun cause I know how hard it is to let go. But honestly if he's broken up with you over that then I think its likely he's already lost feelings for you.. sorry to be harsh but if you guys were meant for each other then it wouldn't be easy for him to just leave you and simply he wouldn't be able to. From experience I think he's using that as an excuse, you deserve someone who would stick with you despite life obligations it doesn't mean you can't be in a relationship with the one you love. That's just my opinion.

• Don't, just move on