My ex seems to not care about me at all?

We were together for almost an year. He said that he loved me and I loved him back. Suddenly out of the blue he told me that this wouldn't work at all and that we needed to break up. I have self worth and I never begged him to take me back. Yesterday he messaged me asking casually if we could remain friends. I said that it was not possible. He seems pretty cool with the split while I am going almost crazy here ( though I never showed him that side). I just can't get over the feeling that here I am pining over a man I loved and he just seems to not care at all. As if all our times together never mattered to him. This is really hitting my self esteem. I don't know what to do about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• listen to New Rules by Dua Lipa. Kudos for having self respect and not acting desperate. You will get through this.

What Guys Said 2

• Forgive and forget. Mexicans have a great saying about this: The sandal I throw away, I never wear again. Simple rules in life: never go back to a job or an ex.

• You should feel good that you ended relationship with that type of a guy. He is not worth it. Simple.

What Girls Said 1

• Let him be stopnreplyimg