What does it mean if your girlfriend wants to take a break?

I am 18. She is 16. Were in the same school. We got into a relationship and a month later I had to move to Banglore for my college. We tried to have a long distance relationship but after 3 months of me being here, she wants to take a break. Should I keep talking to get it is this soon going to end? I need to be sure if it's worth putting in efforts or should I let go

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Break: testing out how it'll feel when they break up with you. That's often what it is. I'd say just shit back and see what happens. Try if you see it as worth it, otherwise don't.

Most Helpful Guy

• Long distance relationships are really hard, and takes major commitment from both sides, but if she is wanting to take a break then it sounds like she has her eyes on another guy. Which honestly is one of the many cons from you being away, people get lonely and sadly look elsewhere.

What Girls Said 2

• LDR's hardly ever work out, plus she's young. I think she wants to break up. Let it go for now, maybe sometime down the line you two can reconnect.

• We have known each other for 2 years and I don't know how we got into a relationship. I feel for her and I don't want to let her go

• I get it, but at the same time she's at that point in life where she probably wants to spend more time with her boyfriend, and that's not possible at the moment since you moved for school. Let her go for now, and maybe she'll come back to you later on. ☺️

• That's hard but what is to be done will be done. Thanks πŸ˜€

• she feels stuck , and wants to date other guys.

Just let go. Don't take a break, just break up for good.

What Guys Said 3

• She either already has someone else she is dating or she has met someone she wants to date. Find a new girlfriend.

• It's a breakup

• Bring her to Derry, Maine. I'll tale care of her for you 🎈