I tried to break up but he didn't get it? What do I do next?

I'm seeing this guy who recently broke my trust and I just can't get over it. We decided to try again but it's being awkward due to me still being bitter about it and I don't want to try and make things work anymore. We're not very compatible anyway.

He's very sensitive though so I tried to be as gentle about this as possible. Turns out I was too gentle and he didn't quite get that I wanted to break up.

I felt sorry because he's had a rough week and was going to the hospital to treat a bad allergy crisis after we spoke so I didn't have the heart to explain that I was trying to dump him. He asked me to watch a movie with him today and I panicked and said yes. What do I do now?

11

What Guys Said 1

• You have to be as straight forward with him as you can or he may never get the picture

What Girls Said 1

• If he broke your trust, follow your gut and just break up. He doesn't have an excuse for cheaters. Having a bad allergy doesn't give him the green light. He has to understand that cheating isn't acceptable and you won't put up with that. Don't be too nice, such people will take you for granted ultimately.