When you cannot have the guy you have a crush on, how you get over it?

I fell in love with a guy that was from my work but he said we can be just friends. I didn't want to lose this feeling I have cause its not everyday we fall in love right? But how can I get over it? I still look foward to see him at work, just to look at his wonderfull looks and have some nice conversation with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be hard but the best thing to do is try to move on. Obviously if you work with him then it's more difficult to cut him out of your life... but as someone with experience in this area, you'll just be stranded in a sea of hope and life will pass you by. It's hard but acceptance that you can't be with him is the first step. After that, it gets easier

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, all crushes eventually fade. Even the ones where in the moment I think "I'll never get over this" - I always do. But consciously trying to forget those feelings.

But maybe it was easier for me because I wasn't rejected. I decided these people who I liked weren't good for me due their maturity or the people they hanged around with so I justified not thinking about them by focusing on their negative attributes. That helps a whole lot.

What Guys Said 2

• He's not into you and that is not going to change unless you change. So forget about him, there are plenty of fishes in the sea.

• Yeah this is possible for girls only. If guys do the same girls behave very bafly

What Girls Said 2

• Just basically less contact or out of sight out of mind. avoid him if you can. You will get over him.

• i can't avoid cause we are friends and he is from my work. but i can understand what you mean, thanks for your advice :)

• oh no. you got it bad... :/ why does he only wanna be friends? is he married?

• No I he is single. Its weird cause he is a very good looking man. He is a mistery, I dont know if its something personal or not, maybe he just dont wanna get involved with anyone.

• distance ysf from him, even avoid him, it really is the best way, altho is hard cause being near him will just inforce your feelings

• I understand. I can't really avoid him cause we are friends and he is from my work. I have tried before to date other guys to forget him, but now that i brokeup the feeling is even stronger

• yes you can, I was in similar situation, I avoided the guy at work. Just keep it about business if you have to work it him and when you dont be distant and busy and pay no attention to him. Basically you have to go against your feelings to be near and even against ysf and that is nothing but torture. But staying friends with people you have feelings for is an illusion, you need to get over it. Also I don't know about that guy of yours but I dubt he is perfect, some like the attention, dont give it to him. If he rejected you he should be fine with your distance; you dont need to be rude, you can be nice, just distant.