Have you ever tried to stay friends with an ex?

Most Helpful Guy

• Story time ^.^ so, while i don't actually have a technical "Ex" because i have never officially been on a date, i have had my heart broken may times and for some reason, every girl i come across still wants to be friends and we do chat quite often. so there was this girl around i want to say my second year of highschool is when we met. so i meet her from another friend as they were both going to some sportsketball thing (they played softball i believe) and we had some fun in the lunch room, she gave my group of friends, including me, her number and we kinda just started to stay in touch. we hung out a few times before i started having genuine feelings for her, but she didn't share those feelings back. so, about a year after i told her i had the feels for her, we were driving around town (she was driving) and eventually went to a nice park. we walked around for a bit and talked about life and stuff and suddenly she just kinda kissed me (lol my first kiss) after the kiss i tried asking her why she kissed me and stuff like that and she just didn't want to talk about it. to this day i still don't know what the kiss was about, girls are complicated sometimes man, but we are still in touch, she still doesn't want to talk about that day, and i'm still single lol

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I have had no reason to. After a relationship ends i prefer to cut all ties , and move forward in my life. An ex doesn't make a good friend , in my opinion . It just causes too much drama and complicates future relationships.

• My sentiments exactly.
      Why drag shit on
      Just start a new book

What Guys Said 6

• Yup, no problems so far but we ended in a very civil manner

• yah, it never works out... we turned back for having sex then she developed feelings again and it ended up in the ugliest way !
    once a lover never a friend again !

• Yeah, all through out highschool.

• I am and it's going on well ;)

• Yep, have a with a few after time though of course. Don't try to be right away

• I have and it works out very well actually

What Girls Said 17

• I am friends with many of my ex's, even friends with many of their gf's. I think being able to maintain a friendship or at the very least able to be civil when in the presence of an ex is a sign of maturity. However, it has to be reciprocated by both parties otherwise it's impossible.

• A lot of time has to pass between exes for them to ever become friends..
    Only time exes should be on friendly terms is if there are children involved if not then avoid like the plague

• Tried yes, it doesn't really work out, also I don't see the point.

• Yes, I have.

• Once the feelings have subsided, yes.

• Yeah, it didn't work out well.

• Nope

• Yeah and it's working. We broke up on good terms and had time to not talk to each other for a bit. I think that's the key

• I'm trying it now, it's different but not unwelcome at the same time do you?

• Sort of, I guess. My ex and I are friends on Facebook and Instagram

• Yep! Didn't turn out well. Even if you don't resent them, they resent you or you have some resent you don't notice.

• Yes I have

• I tried it, and long story short we don't speak anymore due to the fact we are far from each other. And turns out he's with someone now and I don't see myself getting involved into drama with his girlfriend. Even then it would be awkward to be friends with them now since it's been so long since we've actually saw each other.

• I'm friends with almost all my ex's. We hangout every weekend.

• No... it's impossible

• yes and it could work out, but if he says no then it doesn't work out

• hahahaha yes, and it ended very disastrously.