How do you forget about an ex?

We only "dated" for four months, and she dumped me two months ago, but I still think about her several times a day, and I'm still very-much in love with her.

How much longer until I don't love her anymore, and what can I do to speed this process up?

914

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand breakups are not easy. First thing is you got to delete all her pics, mails and Screenshots. Start spending time with your family and friends. Go to gym, shopping and do things which you love to.. These things will help you to forget about your ex

Most Helpful Guy

• Bro.. I got you... The love will only pass if you start going out with a different girl... I am in the same position... Except that for me it's 2 years... As soon as I am with a girl... I forget about my ex... But if I'm alone... I still think about her... And even if she cheated on me and we break out... I still love her... Not so Mutch that I care.. just enough to make me check once a week her FB page and see how she is doing...

What Girls Said 8

• You don't 'forget' them. You learn how to put them on the backburner and acknowledge that whatever you shared with them in the past is over and done with.

• There is no set time. I would say try not to think about all the great positive things because then you will miss her more. Find a hobby, focus on work. Keep yourself busy! Then you will find yourself forgetting.

• Find someone new. Rebound guy.

• You can't rush it, you just take it day by day.. time has always helped me get over a break up.

• Time. There is no going around it. U have to face the pain and accept it. And it will get better and better. I promise

• Go on vacation. Rent a sports car. Do anything you wanted but didn't during the relationship.

• It will take approximately 5 months, 3 days, 1 hour, and 13 seconds.

• It takes me about 6 months prior to forgot about exes sometimes even a little longer. Eventually your become distracted with other stuff and you'll forgot. There might be times when you suddenly remember her but it will quickly fade away.

What Guys Said 13

• You have to let her go and accept that she isn't the one and there is someone else better! As hard as that is bro, you choose when you move on.

It hurts, maybe take some time and lay low for a while, relax and get through this! Keep your daily routine be gym or whatever to stay healthy.

Cheers man, God Bless!

• we've all been there, dont stress, its perfectly fine to feel like this. It took me awhile to get over an ex. seriously accepting that:
    1. you and her have gone separate ways.
    2. you are now free to find someone else (its not as scary as it sounds)
    3. you start finding more free time than you had before, to persue hobbies/sport etc. (you'll find something)

What helped me was not talking to her, remembering why you two arnt compatible, and think about who else can be out there.
    If you want a specific time frame, or judgment when you feel like you dont love her. when you can talk to her (face to face) and dont feel for her, and can confortably talk about potential love intrests. Or in all seriousness forget about her. because time will heal the wounds. hope that helps.

• Time sort of heals all things. You might as well convince yourself to move on. Create a place in your memories for her and the times you had together. You may never forget her. It's been 20 years since I moved out of the house on my cheating SO. With what she did I'd be doing myself a huge favor to forget her. There is a place in my heart that she will always occupy. Best way is to find another partner and create a new chapter.

• Indulge yourself into old hobbies, talk to a dependable person about it, family friends etc.. It took me about a month and a half to recover from an 8 month relationship. Best thing to do in my experience is occupy yourself A LOT, anytime you get a change do something DO IT, you'll see the more you focus on yourself and other things you won't think about her as much and you'll see the "Love effect" will fade away and you'll forget about her. Make sure you don't have her on ANY social media, if you're still in contact then CUT contact. Hope this helps man.

• If you'd said we dated for a year and lived together for 2 years I'd say. You may always love her but it gets easier with time. But I get the feeling this gal may be your first gal. So here I'll say it like it was said to me.
    Quit being such a pussy and go get some. Don't be desperate females say something but they want something different. You have to learn to read there body language. Like if she says wait here I'm going to get a drink. Bro when she gets back you better not be standing there waiting like a humping dog. She'll be gone try it and see. Talk to another girl, a dude be on a phone call anything but waiting.
    You have to go at females from an abundance angle

• I'm waiting until marriage, so it's not a matter of getting some. Any advice?

• That thought actually never crossed my mind as a young man. Congrats to ya I commend ya. Your in the. perfect position to practice your game. Just because you are waiting till married. Doesn't mean you can't gain exposure and experience in other areas of relationships

• 21, and what do you think I should do?

• Take a break from social networks, friends, parties. Delete her number and never look back... spend some time alone... time helps to heal yourself... and most important never ask for opinions from others... lol.. From self experience..

• Just remove her from your life entirely if you want to speed up the process and focus on other things.

• Jump on a different horse and ride off into the sunset brother, you loved... now learn from it and move on

• Get rid of your cat.

• Everybody says it takes time and I am a firm believer of that. But what works for me is trying to find another women and going from there.

• Keep yourself busy

• Start focussing on something else... Gym maybe.

• Start jerking off over Cherokee D'Ass!!! 😍
    kenyatalk.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...e4c1d19afcd0.jpg

• I'm trying to quit, but seriously: how did you know she used to be my favorite?