Should I try message her?

So, me and my ex broke up a year ago, and she ended up totally hating me because I managed to be okay with that and tried to meet other girls a few months after. (btw, she was flirting with someone even before we broke up haha)

I don't want to get back with her, but she still is important to me, so i'd like to stay in contact with her but she blocked me in Facebook like 6 or 7 months ago after telling me awful things someone put in her head.

The question is, should I try to send her a text message to break the ice or should I let her do that when or if she wants to some day?

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on how bad the break up was, and if it left her bitter. If you think it was not one of these horrible break ups then you can send her a message to ask her how she is doing. But if she really didn't try to contact you in 7 months she might be over you. Anyway good luck😊

• Let her heal. She needs time. If u ping her now it will only rekindle old hurtful memories.

• That's kinda what's keeping me from messaging her, so I agree with you

What Guys Said 1

• Bruh move on, it's useless trying to contact her, except you want to get back with her. If she was so important to you, you wouldn't wait for almost a year to want to Check up on her. She's moved on, do the same as well.

• I have
      But she was my Best friend before being my girlfriend so I I want to get my friend back

But hey That's not a real issue anyway

• Hey you already crossed the line by asking her to be your girlfriend. Their ain't no going back to friendship.
      Best of luck bruh

• She asked. But that's just a detail.

And I'm friend with an ex, so at least I know it's possible