Why do exes appear when you've finally moved on?

183

Most Helpful Guy

• because they have nothing better to do then try and screw you over again like with my ex when she cheated and got rid of her she tried to lead me on for months and wasn't working, then i bumped into her at the movies with the muppet she cheated on me with how convenient.

Most Helpful Girl

• Beacuse they can tell that they have lost that control on you and they are starting to feel like that control on you kept y'all connected and so without it they are realizing that they miss what they had and they are regeting thier desion. Tho if you ever go back they gain that contol back and get bored just as fast as they had before

What Guys Said 2

• They were going to show up sometime.

• I have the same question

What Girls Said 17

• it's like they have a radar lol oh she's moved on. let me fck her mind up :/

• I wish I knew the answer to that. Sometimes they don't even say anything, they just pop up and it throws you off. I think the universe just likes to fuck around with you sometimes lol

• Becos we allowed them in
    When we should slammed the door on them

• It is a selfish move. They don't want you but don't want anyone else to have you. If you ask me it goes back to animal instinct. They want to be the leader of the pack and have the female.

• I just moved on. Went to my friend's work to give her something, saw him, he tried to say hi. I just ignore

• Because guys like girls that play hard to get.

Happened to me.

Now that I have a boyfriend- my ex fuck buddy messages me often telling me how he should have dated me when he had the chance... Meanwhile- he treated me shitty when I was single

• Murphy's law ๐Ÿ˜‚ I don't know but it NEVER fails!

• I think it's a challenge to check if you really moved on. I mean it wouldn't be an issue if he or she comes back if you already moved on.

• I live in a very small college town. Surprisingly haven't run into my ex yet while out with my boyfriend. Just my luck!

• Lol so true my ex messaged me after 2 years๐Ÿ˜‘ Asking me 21questions about my life.

• i knoooww. its soo weird..

• That's what they do.

• Because I finally realized what they had and how good they had it and they're seeing it was being given to someone else and they don't like that if they say You Never Know What You Got Till It's Gone

• They wanna ruin you and so they have something to brag about again, play hard to get and tell them that they're not worth your time anymore.

• I don't know, maybe they like you? want you back?

• If your ex contacts you after you've moved on, you don't have to respond. Just go about your life. Your relationship ended for a reason and unless those issues are resolved, you're going to end up breaking up again.

• Oddly enough my ex retweeted a tweet once that said 'She seems happy and like she's moved on... Maybe it's time to send her a text'.

Don't know what gives people the motivation to do these things. I guess they thought you would never move on and when you do they want to reassure themeselves that you would still return to them because they are insecure within themselves.